Pentaxians Feb 2012 Outing - Sunrise & Macro in Yishun - on 4 Feb. - World Pentax Day

Are those wooden jetties still there?? I'd love to join, and get a nice sunrise version of the pix below -

Last edited:
1. fengwei (hp: 9428138 0 )
2. grahf23 (as long i'm not working)
3. JK (97735246)
4. sunnycamera (I will bring my tokina 400mm f5.6 prime, feel free to try)
5. SyncGuy
6. Diana (will join later as I'm working)
7. Doyle
8. Felix
9. JinG14 ( Anyone stay near geylang, want to share a cab down ? )
10. LiverpoolMadman ( Anyone stay near Jurong and West area , want to share a cab down ? )
11. Trowa77 ( try to wake up for sunrise )
12. Aaron49 ( last minute decision to go overseas for friend's birthday, have to remove from the list, will join the next outing! )
13. Equatorer
14. Opera58 ( for short while, on the way to work )
15. Greg0222 (Sold my old tripod and the new one is still on the way. Anybody got a back-up or let me share yours? )
16. Moonlightsg (will be there for the sun rise, then need to go class at 9:30; go from tampines... most likely smrt 969 is the best!)
17. edutilos- + riotvan (will be elsewhere for sunrise, but will join you guys at McDonald's for a short while!)
18. Limited (hope can make it this time)
19. creampuff
27. Supersimon27 - (on for sunrise and macro )[/QUOTE]
28. oceanpriest (will probably wake up late, so macro only)

Are those wooden jetties still there?? I'd love to join, and get a nice sunrise version of the pix below -

Sadly, they have been replaced by some funny white things...

I much preferred the old jetties.

Btw, love that picture above. In my opinion, one of the best BnW photos from LSR that I've seen.

For those newbies wishing to have some tips, I will linger around the entrance of the new white colored jetty from 6.15 to 6.30am.
After that we may move on to other spots.

This is the jetty I am talking about.
6566418209_d775a7138e_z.jpg

so its entrance is on the photos left.

JK
HP : 97735246

Thx Jk :) Btw, nice pic... :thumbsup:

Thx JK... btw, nice picture taken... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
10. LiverpoolMadman ( Anyone stay near Jurong and West area , want to share a cab down ? )
12. Aaron49 ( last minute decision to go overseas for friend's birthday, have to remove from the list, will join the next outing! )
13. Equatorer
15. Greg0222 (Sold my old tripod and the new one is still on the way. Anybody got a back-up or let me share yours? )
16. Moonlightsg (will be there for the sun rise, then need to go class at 9:30; go from tampines... most likely smrt 969 is the best!)
17. edutilos- + riotvan (will be elsewhere for sunrise, but will join you guys at McDonald's for a short while!)
19. creampuff
20. Ahren (only morning session)

27. Supersimon27 - (on for sunrise and macro )

Btw, love that picture above. In my opinion, one of the best BnW photos from LSR that I've seen.

Yeah, sadly in this city state, things are expected to be 'improved on' regularly.
Now its just two life less plastic pontoons in place of the characterful wooden ones.

Yeah, sadly in this city state, things are expected to be 'improved on' regularly.
Now its just two life less plastic pontoons in place of the characterful wooden ones.

Thanks for the compliment, WK!

Why plastic?

Must prepare before going right ... so any other locations within LSR to target at.

Last call until 9pm tonight ....

SyncGuy ( Jurong West ) confirm
LiverpoolMadman ( Jurong East ) confirm
Bananaone ( Jurong West near Boon Lay Mrt )

only 1 seats left ( Sharing cab for shooters from Jurong Area, Bt Batok Area, CCK Area, Bt Panjang Area, Woodlands Area , Marsiling Area )

Non Pentaxians welcome?I m living in CCK :)

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
13. Equatorer
19. creampuff
21. Legoladd (prob macro only)

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
13. Equatorer
19. creampuff
22. hellfire88 (only sunrise (hope i dont oversleep!) , got cca at 10am)

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
13. Equatorer
19. creampuff
23. Ranchy ( Will reach there early to find JK to learn more about sunrise :p, try to join Macro if time permits, but no macro lens & not bringing flash or diffuser.)

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
13. Equatorer
19. creampuff
23. Ranchy ( Will reach there early to find JK to learn more about sunrise :p, try to join Macro if time permits, but no macro lens & not bringing flash or diffuser.)
24. hjbyeo (Sunrise, and Breakfast!)

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
13. Equatorer
19. creampuff
25. Iittoo-(Will need help for taking great pictures as i am just one week into DSLR)

If i miss the sunset timing,what time will you guys reach the mac at 846?

If i miss the sunset timing,what time will you guys reach the mac at 846?

I think you can find them there at sunrise timing but not sunset timing....:bsmilie:

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
13. Equatorer
19. creampuff
25. Iittoo-(Will need help for taking great pictures as i am just one week into DSLR)
26. istDeS

I think you can find them there at sunrise timing but not sunset timing....:bsmilie:

Oh yah,haha..typo typo..senrise timing,what time will you guys leave the LSR?

3. JK (97735246)
5. SyncGuy
7. Doyle
8. Felix
13. Equatorer
19. creampuff
26. istDeS
29.Gatorz

i try to join you guys ..
been in this group for a while but never had a chance to go there ...