Pentaxians Feb 2011 outing - Photo Contest: Life In Our City

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
It's time for our monthly outing again. As promised during last outing, we'd have a photo contest this month. This is our very first photo contest. We will try to organize one every year from now on.

Pentaxian Photo Contest #1.
The theme: life in our city
You can interpret the theme anyway you like

Outing date: 26 Feb 2011
Submission closing date/time: 2nd Mar 2011 11:59pm
Winner announcement by latest date: 7 Mar 2011.

The Prices (thanks to Emjay for the sponsorship :thumbsup:):
1st: Pentax SMC DA 18-135
p129420z.jpg

2nd: Pentax I-10
440x330-i10_black.jpg

3rd: Pentax Optio RS1000
p126521z.jpg

4th:Pentax Optio E90:
p115788z.jpg

The Rules:
The photo has to be taken by a Pentax digital camera (compact or dSLR). There is no restriction on lens used. Sorry, Samsung dSLR cameras are not valid.
The photo has to be taken in Singapore
The photo has to be taken on 26 Feb 2011 between 0:00am to 11:59pm.
Each person can only submit ONE photo
Each person can vote once only, and you don't need to be a Pentax user to vote
Photo size: 1000 pixels on the longer side.
No watermark or signature is allowed on submitted photos.
EXIF should remain intact for all submissions. Photos w/o EXIF will be ignored. Original photos (JPG or RAW) will be needed for those shortlisted photos.

The guidelines:
This is a self-organized photo contest, the committees are a few oldies here. So every Pentaxian can participate, including the committee members and Emjay staff.
The contest winners will be purely based on online polls, but the shortlisted ones will be decided by the the panel. Please don't post your photos anywhere before the contest ends, so we can keep the contest anonymous. I'll consolidate all the photos submitted, and post the shortlisted ones under one thread myself.

Important Dates:
1. Photo has to be taken on 26 Feb 2011 between 0:00am to 11:59pm
2. Photo has to be submitted by 03 Mar 2011 by 11:59pm
3. Short listed photos will be posted for poll on 06 Mar 2011
4. Poll closes on 12 Mar 2011 at 11:59PM
5. Winner announcement on 13 Mar 2011
6. Price presentation on 19 Mar 2011 -- our next Pentax Outing Date

Photo Submission:
Please send your photo to the following address:
PentaxClubSnap@gmail.com

Note: Each person can only submit ONE photo. photo size: 1000 pixels on the longer side (either width or height). Please don't submit full sized photos. Only shortlisted ones need original photos to verify.

------------------
There won't be a physical gathering this round. But you are welcome to make some small groups by yourselves. Just go out and shoot for fun.

Good luck to all Pentaxians!

Last edited:
Kudos to Emjay for kindly donating Pentax gear as prizes. :thumbsup:
So those of you who still haven't got a Pentax yet, quickly grab that Pentax camera and enter this contest.
This is a contest that those with even a Pentax kit lens or Pentax point and shoot camera can enter.
With such a broad and all encompassing theme, the photo opportunities are plentiful, so work out what you want to shoot and plan towards getting that prize winning photo.

:thumbsup: What a great start to the CNY! :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks to Emjay for the sponsoring the prizes. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

the first prize is :heart::heart::heart:

Kudos to Emjay for sponsoring the prizes. Fengwei, thanks for taking up the responsibilities to organise and co-ordinate this event. Lets hope this will generate even more interests amongst hobbyists over to PENTAX. Looking forward to the photos. A good start to the New Year 2011. ;)

Wah, cool! Too bad I can't be around to take part... :cry:

Really great that Emjay is sponsoring this contest! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oh wow...#1 is just what I was aiming for! Thanks to Emjay for sponsoring this! :thumbsup:
But unfortuntunately, the prizes are great but the skill is lacking, so I can only vote...
Good luck and looking forward to all the great photos from all pentaxians! :lovegrin:

kudos to emjay! Happy Bunny Year to all pentaxians !

This is really good for the Pentaxian community. Thanks to "oldies" Pentaxians and Emjay for organising the contest and sponsoring the prizes.

must it be taken during the outing or just on 26th feb with a pentax camera?

must it be taken during the outing or just on 26th feb with a pentax camera?

Entries for the contest must be taken on 26 Feb between the aforementioned hours that Fengwei mentioned and can be anywhere in Singapore.
The camera and exposure information and the fact that the photo was taken with a Pentax has to be captured in the photo's exif information at the point of submission.
So if the image has been edited and post processed and resized using any post processing software, THE EXIF INFORMATION MUST REMAIN INTACT. This is something that everyone must adhere to or the entry will be rejected. To ensure the exif info isn't stripped away, then better take the time and effort to learn how to do so.

I'll be overseas on that day, so won't be able to participate. :cry:
Great 1st prize, thanks Emjay. Also thanks to Fengwei and the "oldies" for organising and judging. Can't wait to see the entries.:)

Shall we go for outing on that date ? I'm sure it will be "very interesting" .....

Although there won't be an official gathering for this outing, you are welcome to form small groups so you can travel to more places in the same day, and capture as many good photos as you want :)

Think this is a very nice gesture from Emjay, and the contest brings the monthly outings to a new level of excitement.

Thank you for organising this, I'd participate for sure!

dang! not in Sg at that time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.