Pentaxians Feb 2011 outing - Photo Contest: Life In Our City - Results!

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Thanks for participating the very first Pentax Photo Contest here at Clubsnap. It's great to see so many Pentaxians come here and have fun together.

As promised, here are the most favorite photos voted by you:

1st: Love - Life in Our City
Photographer: pinholecam (JK)
67 out of the 166 voters liked this photo:
01.jpg

2nd: no title
Photographer: flowerpot (Yu Chee Leng)
50 voters liked this photo:
14.jpg

3rd: no title
Photographer: kengoh (Ken Goh)
40 voters liked this photo:
11.jpg

4th: no title
Photographer: GlenWXQ (Glen Wong)
36 liked this photo:
13.jpg

Congrats to all the winners!

The winners please do attend the March outing on 19th at Harbourfront Boardwalk. The prizes will be distributed there at 930am sharp! If you don't show up then, I'd keep them for my kids :bsmilie:

There are total of 42 valid photos for this competition, here are all of them, including the above winning ones.

I won't put the photographer's names here (other than winning ones above), so you can discuss/criticize them as you wish. But please be gentle w/ your words, there are a lot newbies who sent in their entries...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, thanks again to Emjay for sponsoring this event :thumbsup: I have the prizes w/ me right now, and I'm drooling over the RS1000 and I-10 little cameras :devil:

See you guys on 19th.

Last edited:
some of the pics which are not selected for the final 15 are very nice! i like 19 alot..

common subject seem to hving 1 person (esp older man) in the pic..haha

Congrats to all the winner. Cheers..

some comments on this contest, looking at the nicks of the winners, somehow feel like this is more of who has been longer on the forums and who has more friends and not based on merit leading to unfair advantage. (although #1 truly deserve to win)

how some photos like #3, #6, #8, #10, #15(this is a total joke to be in top 15) made it into the top 15 completely eludes me.

#25, #34, #38 should have been in the top 15. i believe that #34 could have given #1 a good fight for first prize.

#2 i know flowerpot has a lot of friends over here but his photo while technically good, the idea is not original.

congrats to all winners anyway

lastly shoutout to #34 photographer: great shot!

some comments on this contest, looking at the nicks of the winners, somehow feel like this is more of who has been longer on the forums and who has more friends and not based on merit leading to unfair advantage. (although #1 truly deserve to win)

how some photos like #3, #6, #8, #10, #15(this is a total joke to be in top 15) made it into the top 15 completely eludes me.

#25, #34, #38 should have been in the top 15. i believe that #34 could have given #1 a good fight for first prize.

#2 i know flowerpot has a lot of friends over here but his photo while technically good, the idea is not original.

congrats to all winners anyway

lastly shoutout to #34 photographer: great shot!

Thanks for your comments, although your first point isn't really valid. Nobody but me knows who the original photographers are when the shortlisted photos were selected, and I didn't push much on which photos should be in the shortlist. As a matter of fact, the majority of the 15 shortlisted photos are from newbies (to the forum) instead of old timers :)

some of the pics which are not selected for the final 15 are very nice! i like 19 alot..

common subject seem to hving 1 person (esp older man) in the pic..haha

Thanks, guess i am didn't shoot the skyscrappers clear enough. haha.

Anyway congratulations to all winners, i really like all the four winning shots, especially #1 the most. You deserve it.

congrats to the winners!!

I just wanna know what that bulging thing with the Singapore tattoo is. Is it someone's arms? Cause it looks like breast to me.

There is a baby inside!! >.<