Pentaxians at PhotoMalaysia's July 2010 outing

zoom3

May 18, 2007
Singapore
Since I was going to be in KL last weekend, decided to join in PhotoMalaysia's Monthly Outing. This month's theme was "Newbies shoots model in the city". As it turned out, what a great event. DSC World, the local Pentax distributor, sponsored the pentax shooters, which no doubt contributed to the large number of Pentaxians (around 40 I think) attending the event.

The total number of photographers was 172 and there were 16 models. About 10 photog to each model. With 3 hours shooting time, there was plenty of time to indulge.

Here are some photos of the event. Would be nice to have something similar in Singapore.

Go to this link to view the event post and all the models. Already have more than 9000 views. Enjoy. (You probably need to sign up to see the photos.)
http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132745

IMGP9802A.jpg

2. Some of the Pentaxian gathering for the Pentax group photo
IMGP9780A.jpg

3. 12 of the 16 models
IMGP0095A.jpg

4. A fancy Leica/k-x combo at work
IMGP9812A.jpg

5. Two Pentaxians taking a rest
IMGP9969A.jpg

wah got models some more?

Wow! great outing i guess.

Hopefully our local distro can do some event like that,btw i like the design of the black-T
their wearing,pretty cool man...;)

Pardon my skepticism, but 172 mostly male photographers shooting 16 models... what can anybody really expect to learn about shooting portraiture or glamour? :think:

Pardon my skepticism, but 172 mostly male photographers shooting 16 models... what can anybody really expect to learn about shooting portraiture or glamour? :think:

*Raises hand*

I did. I learned that 10:1 ratio is a recipe for disaster, so I sat it out. :bsmilie:

It's "Newbies shoots model in the city".
Really need crowd control for that ratio, like battle formation from the "Battle of Waterloo.":bsmilie:

There is a beginning to everything and a learning in lesson in almost anything. More important is the fellowship of finding new friends, and then carry on shooting the best one could. Anyway, I still like the t-shirt design!

It's sponsored by the distributor mah. Cannot expect too much yah? If want intimate session must pay lor.

Wow! great outing i guess.

Hopefully our local distro can do some event like that,btw i like the design of the black-T
their wearing,pretty cool man...;)

Great, I will need to meet up some Pentaxians on my next trip back. Yes, I do like the T-Shirt; will check if can buy one for myself! Will check out the link. I am a registered member of Photomalaysia. Good tip.

Yeah, the T shirts are cool. The one in pic #1 is the old one by Shriro. The other one in pic#2 (with PENTAX written on the left side of the T) is the new one by DSC promoting the K-x. All Pentaxians who attended were given one ;) :thumbsup:

For what it was - i.e. to intro newbies to outdoor model shoot/potraiture, it actually worked quite well. Obviously would have been better if there was a "teacher" for each group but I believe most benefited from self & peer learning. Pretty much like our outings where we learn through hands on experience and interaction with more experienced shooters.

The large number of photog was no problem. Each group was given a dedicated model and we then just go off to find a spot to shoot. Every one was courteous and gave each other plenty of room & opportunity to shoot. We actually didn't use up the full 3 hours. Most had enough, incl the models, after 2.5 hrs of shooting :D

I feel the only downside is that most weren't really prepared for the shoot. Saw plenty of flash but only a few reflectors. No light stand / umbrella at all. Only if I knew. Baracus would have been absolutely thrilled if he was there :cool:

Here is one group
IMGP9973A.jpg

Shooting this
IMGP9974A.jpg

It's sponsored by the distributor mah. Cannot expect too much yah? If want intimate session must pay lor.

No, it is a PhotoMalaysia monthly event which cost 15 ringgit per person. DSC, the local distributor decided to sponsor pentax users so that we get to shoot for free :bsmilie:

got females photox also lah. the lady in white right in the centre din see meh. got one long hair one on the left also. :sticktong

if i go for tis type of event, improving my photographic skill will be the last thing on my mind!! :sweatsm:

cleonbus, take note. give you clue already what type of outing to organise hahaha....

got females photox also lah. the lady in white right in the centre din see meh. got one long hair one on the left also. :sticktong

if i go for tis type of event, improving my photographic skill will be the last thing on my mind!! :sweatsm:

cleonbus, take note. give you clue already what type of outing to organise hahaha....

You funny man. I think you better stick with the bugs :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

You funny man. I think you better stick with the bugs :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

ya, bugs better. always one to one. :bsmilie: ... and not afraid home minister find out whom your models are. :vhappy:

ya, bugs better. always one to one. :bsmilie: ... and not afraid home minister find out whom your models are. :vhappy:

just dun bring ur model home with you

Aiyah, that's why I said "mostly"... hello... what's wrong with you?
See a couple of photos of chio models and you start posting all sorts of gibberish comments... :rolleyes:

The T-shirt with the Pentax camera is nice. Better still if its in red or with the original red Pentax logo. But not the one with the ulgy words running down the side :sticktong
But overall seems a nice event to meet, talk shop and take photos. Sometimes informal will not achieve as much but I guess mixing and having one will also do.
:)

I feel the only downside is that most weren't really prepared for the shoot. Saw plenty of flash but only a few reflectors. No light stand / umbrella at all. Only if I knew. Baracus would have been absolutely thrilled if he was there :cool:

Not really. I don't fancy model shoots, but flowerpot does. ;p