Pentaxian in Timor!

le petit prince

Jan 26, 2004
Probably was the only Pentax user in Timor Leste.. I think.

Anyway, here's my haphazardly themed gallery of my one year in the country. Mixture of landscapes, flora & fuana, portraits and odds and ends.

http://lepetitphotographe.smugmug.com/Photography/Fulan-hitu-iha-Timor/13355296_KpMZP#970973808_5BW3E

I used a K-7 and the Limited trio of 21, 43, 70. (The FA35-70 which I also brought along was hardly used, for less than 5% of my shots I think, and I'm now seeking to sell it.)

Shot in all kinds of weather and places, in the rain, in the sea, along dusty roads (all roads are dusty there), on misty mountain towns. Nothing that extreme, but a far cry from the 'clean' environment here in Singapore, and the equipment held up well. So for those who wonder about the durability and WR of the K-7 (and K-5) and the toughness of the Limiteds in less than ideal conditions, rest assured. ;)

Am kinda out of touch of developments in Pentax land the past year, but slowing reading up.. and very delighted to see so many new Pentaxians here and of course, the new cameras and lenses released. For now, my lens set is completed, and I will look to the K-5 or its successor next year (when my finances are off the sickbed, hopefully).

Cheers and here's to a wonderful 2011 to everyone!

nice pics..looks like a beautiful country to visit :)

Your pictures are so refreshing, I like to read the captions also :D

Thanks for sharing!

Your photos, story and real usage of the camera and lenses make you a great advertisement for PENTAX :)

Welcome back.

Great works bro,long time no see.

Hope to see you in tmr outing...cheers!

Nice pics!

Looks like you worked and played hard. ;)

Cool photos man! I see they are almost mostly taken with the Limited primes. :thumbsup:

Superb colors and compositions.

Thats a powerful series. Really enjoying looking at it.

Great moments in time beautifully captured. Im sure when you look at these pics in the future, they will bring back many cherished memories.

Welcome back !

Awesome, Awesome shots. I agree its refreshing. You have brought out the beauty of Timur leste in a different perspective. It evokes a feelings of olden times, less develope, more simplicity and yet beautiful and lovely.:)

marcus

I love all the shots you took.. especially the Landscapes...The town of Maubisse

Thank you very much, everyone. It's very encouraging to know you enjoy the photos.

And I'm glad to help bring about more awareness of the country; give it time, and it will be a tourist hotspot someday. Pristine beaches, unspoilt mountains and forests, friendly lovely people, why not? (It's the poorest country in the region, and one of the poorest in the world. The people sure can do with more money coming in from tourism.)

Cool photos man! I see they are almost mostly taken with the Limited primes. :thumbsup:

I think only one of the photos in the gallery was by the F35-70. The rest were shot using the Limiteds. :)

Last edited: