pentax webstore singapore by emjay

sobrietyanonymous

Sep 29, 2011
called emjay.. they say webstore is valid..

purchased and paid via paypal for k30 at $699 sgd delivery to my house

hope i get it soon!

Looks like emjay is clearing remaining stock.
Don't see any k5-IIs for sale.
Probably left over stock from when they lost the distro.

Still it's a great bargain for those who buy.
A huge headache for those who want to sell in classified.

Looks like emjay is clearing remaining stock.
Don't see any k5-IIs for sale.
Probably left over stock from when they lost the distro.

Still it's a great bargain for those who buy.
A huge headache for those who want to sell in classified.

If left over stock by emjay, how about the warranty???...warranty by who???...svc by who if got problem???

called emjay.. they say webstore is valid..

purchased and paid via paypal for k30 at $699 sgd delivery to my house

hope i get it soon!

You won't regret it.
K30 is a fantastic camera and even more so at this price.
K5 performance and more (better AF/ CDAF/ peaking/lighter).
The only thing I miss over the K5 is the top lcd.

Hi sobrietyanonymous
Is that $699 with kit lens or body only? What colour did you buy?
Apart from the "left over stock" theory, has it occurred to anyone Emjay may have become a retailer now for Pentax instead getting their stocks from APD ? They have the site invested, and now not bogged down by inventory and aftersales support. But of course, the low selling price may indicate otherwise too, so we can never be sure :)

Body only and black

Hehe at this price it's a steal

If left over stock by emjay, how about the warranty???...warranty by who???...svc by who if got problem???
Called them, no warranty. buy or not to buy ? :think:

From "Pentax Singapore" Facebook post:
Hi Everyone, the control and ownership of the pentaxwebstore.sg webstore has been transferred to e-offers Pte Ltd. They will keep you posted on new developments about any new sales. e-offers.sg themselves are planning many to introduce their own website which will sell many new items. Just wait a while and check here often.

ive paid the money but no confirmation whatsoever. sent an email to the email listed on the site but nohting as well

e-offers official website has all the prices jumbled up too... k-r selling more than k-30...

anyone has any luck contacting these stores? im busy these few days with my work to know whats happening

sounds dodgy to me. as far as i know they are kicked out by Pentax Japan and not the real distributor. for sure they cannot honour warranty

Called them, no warranty. buy or not to buy ? :think:

From "Pentax Singapore" Facebook post:
Hi Everyone, the control and ownership of the pentaxwebstore.sg webstore has been transferred to e-offers Pte Ltd. They will keep you posted on new developments about any new sales. e-offers.sg themselves are planning many to introduce their own website which will sell many new items. Just wait a while and check here often.

After my order of 40xs I got an email showing detail of my purchase where status pendibg. After a while rcv email status confirmed(same day).
Since mentioned on website it is pre-order guess I have to wait.

At this moment, it seems dodgy to me.
Prices fluctuate and no stock.

Seems to promise a low price, but as of now no 'proof in the pudding'
I just hope its not an attempt to attract attention or influence Pentax prices to hit out at distro/retailers
Though IMO, Pentax prices as it is now can improve a bit wrt overseas prices.

I'd give it the benefit of doubt for now since its re-starting up.
Lets see how it stabalizes over 1-2wks.

Last edited:
It is now stated as an E-Offers Pte Ltd web store. There seems to be some confusions when I called up. It appears the company manage more than 1 webstore.

*Disclaimer - this is my personal conjecture and may be an inaccurate evaluation of the whole situation.

A few guys sent me message asking about this PentaxWebstore which I also didn't know about earlier. So I called Emjay just now, seems they got some other channels to bring in some Pentax stuff (as well as some other stuff on their webstore). Since they are not Pentax distributor anymore, all Pentax stuff sold there won't have warranty. So when you place your order, make sure you are clear about this. Of course Pentax cameras/lenses (other than very few SDM lenses) don't spoil easily. If you want gamble for your luck, go for it :)

As to the E-Offers Pte Ltd, it's just another webstore they have. They might consolidate both webstores 'cause there is no point keeping a PentaxWebStore for a non-Pentax distributor.

Some items already sold out due to high demand. But they'd try to bring in more stocks as soon as they can to fullfill the orders. For those who ordered, please be patient.

All words from Emjay, not me. Please don't ask me about this through phone anymore. I'm the one who PAY for my phone bill, and I'm pretty busy w/ work too during working hours.

A few guys sent me message asking about this PentaxWebstore which I also didn't know about earlier. So I called Emjay just now, seems they got some other channels to bring in some Pentax stuff (as well as some other stuff on their webstore). Since they are not Pentax distributor anymore, all Pentax stuff sold there won't have warranty. So when you place your order, make sure you are clear about this. Of course Pentax cameras/lenses (other than very few SDM lenses) don't spoil easily. If you want gamble for your luck, go for it :)

As to the E-Offers Pte Ltd, it's just another webstore they have. They might consolidate both webstores 'cause there is no point keeping a PentaxWebStore for a non-Pentax distributor.

Some items already sold out due to high demand. But they'd try to bring in more stocks as soon as they can to fullfill the orders. For those who ordered, please be patient.

All words from Emjay, not me. Please don't ask me about this through phone anymore. I'm the one who PAY for my phone bill, and I'm pretty busy w/ work too during working hours.

As per Frank advice above, I just received their call for my DA35 to confirm order and delivery address. They said delivery lead time will be around 3-7 working days. Due to stock just arrive today, they are in the midst of sorting out orders and delivery. I believe they are going to call up those who had ordered previously. :thumbsup:

I got call for my 40mmxs as per them they will deliver some time tomorrow

I got call for my 40mmxs as per them they will deliver some time tomorrow

Great to hear that... :thumbsup:

I'll be collecting myself, as the product is not cover by warranty and when I enquire that since no warranty coverage, then how to go about when we after receive the delivery and realised item spoilt or not in tip top condition, then how should I go about it? They also dunno how to answer me. So I said if I decided to collect it at their premise and test it on d spot, if got problem they will exchange on the spot? They said yes. I guess it's less risk that way.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents subjective decision... ;)

Last edited:
Great to hear that... :thumbsup:

I'll be collecting myself, as the product is not cover by warranty and when I enquire that since no warranty coverage, then how to go about when we after receive the delivery and realised item spoilt or not in tip top condition, then how should I go about it? They also dunno how to answer me. So I said if I decided to collect it at their premise and test it on d spot, if got problem they will exchange on the spot? They said yes. I guess it's less risk that way.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents subjective decision... ;)

So now become a grey shop just like DD electronic...:)

Just collected my DA35mm today. Gold version is out of stock so I have to settle for a silver one. Looks good too.
Anyway, just be aware that there is no warranty once you accept the lens. So it is kind of a gamble.

Actually I'm kinda bemused by some of the comments here. Such a low price for a new item straight out of the box, yet still want warranty.
If you need peace of mind, go ahead and buy elsewhere where there is a warranty, but be prepared to fork out more and pay the recommended retail price.
At this price, who gives a hoot if it is a grey item with no warranty. This is even better than buying used on B&S because the goods are new.
I'm not surprised that their stocks are low because some kind soul here decided to spread the news on Pentaxforums.
If locals here have trepidation to buy, I can assure you others outside Singapore will snap up the deals because warranty or not, the prices are probably the best in the world at the moment.