Pentax Teaching Sessions

sobrietyanonymous

Sep 29, 2011
Pentax Teaching / Sharing Sessions

Pentax Teaching Sessions are organized learning opportunities conducted by Pentax enthusiasts for all learners. Please feel free to sign up for any upcoming events, for those who are keen to share with others your own experiences/formulas in capturing the picture perfect moment, please kindly let me know as well.

Thanks!

Upcoming Event(s)

1. Birding by Ken Goh
size: 3
venue: TOC
date: after april

interested:
a.
b.
c.

Interested Topics
feel free to suggest any topics you might be interested

1. Product Studio Photography
> kiv Baracus.

2. Landscape Processing
> kiv pinholecam

Last edited:
I realise that many seniors here enjoy helping out and that many here want to learn more.. how about a thread for beginners and those more experienced to meet up and share!

go ahead and post what u wanna learn, hopefully some pentaxian senior can come and guide those keen to learn along!

Interested Topics

1. Product Studio Photography
product-photography-studio.jpg

Good initiative.
For product photography, on the techinical side the key is imagination and experimentation to play with lights and position.

I find the harder part is actual presentation of the subject.
How to represent the object in the photo? (Eg. Cool Beer = condensation drops; Fresh Egg = clean lighting with specular highlight; etc)
How to properly layout the table and place the subject? (still life know how and composition needed here) (Eg. odd number of objects to give imbalance; main subject larger than complimentary objects so as not to fight for visual attention; etc)

I always either don't have time, don't have props or totally have lack of imagination for the above 2 points. So in the end, never get to do any product shots.
:D :D

Thanks pinhole cam for ur input

Since young I always like taking photos of products

I wanna pursue a hobby in this. Documenting things we use in our homes

Any senior able to guide us along in a small tutorial? Including what equioments to buy? Thanks!!!

I second this! :heart::heart::heart:

i support this. for logistics wise i can help to settle if you guys are ok with NUS YIH training room. Each room can accommodate about 20plus people, if expecting more people i can book 2 rooms and open the center partition. Chairs will be provided (i forgot whether they come with an attached table, need to check). I will get the projector so that we can project whatever is being taught on the screen.

rental per room is $8/hr. if weekends they only allow booking on Saturdays. need to book in advance though as sometimes all the rooms are fully booked by other ccas.

I am interested!

Very good initiative guys! Will update post 1 for all details, whats the 1st workshop? landscape processing or product photog (id prefer the latter, but anything)

who is going to teach us? hehe

Last edited:
Good initiative.
For product photography, on the techinical side the key is imagination and experimentation to play with lights and position.

I find the harder part is actual presentation of the subject.
How to represent the object in the photo? (Eg. Cool Beer = condensation drops; Fresh Egg = clean lighting with specular highlight; etc)
How to properly layout the table and place the subject? (still life know how and composition needed here) (Eg. odd number of objects to give imbalance; main subject larger than complimentary objects so as not to fight for visual attention; etc)

I always either don't have time, don't have props or totally have lack of imagination for the above 2 points. So in the end, never get to do any product shots.

True, true. I only like to play with lights. Composition comes later. :bsmilie:

6752611645_d030e9a285_z.jpg

6332897687_7fc2f6f4d7_z.jpg

Very good initiative guys! Will update post 1 for all details, whats the 1st workshop? landscape processing or product photog (id prefer the latter, but anything)

who is going to teach us? hehe

Used to take for my wargaming stuff, but like all my projects, all give up halfway :D

4662196318_d640912850_b.jpg

4667988444_7970c3b0aa_b.jpg

4708481192_8d97eb03e6_b.jpg

looks like the pentax community have quite a few Crouching Tigers and Hidden Dragons ;)

why not a half day event (or if everyone got stamina can do full day lol)? can cover about 3 topics plus a general sharing and Q&A session?

i think is good if there is a main instructor for each topic but others who wish to can also share their knowledge as well so everyone can learn from each other?

Good suggestion.

I've been quite busy in the past year, especially past a few months, and weeks. Will try to organize on sometime in May. Need to find some one teaching us.

1. light setup: Baracus
2. photoshop (cont.): creampuff
3. landscapes: edutilos-
4. street photos: pinholecam
5. birds: kengoh
6. ...

Let's plan this way and see how it goes :)

Hmmm... How many hours do we book? ;)

Maybe we should pay some token like $5 or $10/head for whoever want to learn :)

Need to find some one teaching us.

Prefer to use the word "share"... Anyways, that's just semnatics. If it eventually comes through, count me in... :) I don't mind sharing about shooting cats either, but that may be a more obscure topic? Cheers.

Prefer to use the word "share"... Anyways, that's just semnatics. If it eventually comes through, count me in... :) I don't mind sharing about shooting cats either, but that may be a more obscure topic? Cheers.

Yeah, lets call it a Pentax Share Session then :)

I'll try to work out the venue and date/time, meantime fix those who are willing to share. Hopefully we'd have this done in 2 months time.

Yeah, lets call it a Pentax Share Session then :)

I'll try to work out the venue and date/time, meantime fix those who are willing to share. Hopefully we'd have this done in 2 months time.

Would be great if this initiative takes off :)

Now I just have to mod my cam into a Pentax .... ;)

Kudos to the Pentax Bro for a good initiative... Big Thumbs Upz

This is what I love about pentax!!!

Feng Wei I wanna learn how u take photos of items on white background!!!