Pentax strobist sharing (Jul 08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap:bsmilie:

Everything to be confirmed, but this is the likely to be the details.

Theme: Basic Products and Close-up
Date: 12th Jul 08 (Sat) If this date I can't hold it'll be on a Sat of Jul
Venue: In Balestier
Time: 1pm to 3pm max.
Program: Go thru basic setup, basic photography and basic PP
6 slots:

Edit: Conditions:
1. Only kit lenses allowed (DA 18-55mm and F/FA 28-80mm), if no kit lens then use Sigma 17-70mm or DA 16-40mm. I'm serious about this point, I'll invite anyone who bring other lenses out.
2. Only for Pentax user.

Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap:bsmilie:

6 slots:
1. Flowerpot

:)

Sigh... very very interested, but won't be in Singapore that weekend.... :cry:

Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap

6 slots:
1. Flowerpot
2. woonsin

I want to join in and learn from you. But hope u will be patient with me bec we have to communicate by writing. Thank you. ;):heart:

flowerpot u sure u need? Cause I only doing the basic, dun wan later u waste ur time.

Sigh... very very interested, but won't be in Singapore that weekend.... :cry:

Don't worry, there'll always be a next time^^

I want to join in and learn from you. But hope u will be patient with me bec we have to communicate by writing. Thank you. ;):heart:

No worry I'll try to do a brief training sheet^^ Not teaching but sharing, not qualified to teach yet >.<

Edit: Conditions:
1. Only kit lenses allowed (DA 18-55mm and F/FA 28-80mm). I'm serious about this point, I'll invite anyone who bring other lenses out.
2. Only for Pentax user.

Uhmm...
I don't have my DA18-55. :embrass:
Only Sigma 17-70. Cannot join? :what:

Uhmm...
I don't have my DA18-55. :embrass:
Only Sigma 17-70. Cannot join? :what:

U sure u need the basics?;) U can use my kit if u feel u need to join:)

Edit: Using the kit lens to standardise for easy sharing, also since it's product/close-up, 1:3 and 1:4 is sufficient. Also this sharing workshop it's more of digital photography can do than promoting LBA^_~

Argh... I only going to miss this session, and holidaying in Japan. Upz for the sharing session!!!

No worry I'll try to do a brief training sheet^^ Not teaching but sharing, not qualified to teach yet >.<

You are too kind but I believe u will be more than our strobist mentor... :D

ok, I will bring 18-55mm but can use Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 along??? :think:

Argh... I only going to miss this session, and holidaying in Japan. Upz for the sharing session!!!

Enjoy ur holiday^^ Anyway, u wun miss much, just try out last sat sharing, think u'll great^^ Not that u needed much to begin with:bsmilie:

You are too kind but I believe u will be more than our strobist mentor... :D

ok, I will bring 18-55mm but can use Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 along??? :think:

No Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. Trust me, if u can make shots from the kit get commercial value shots, u can use any lens to get similar or even much better shots. This is something I picked up from night86mare photography^^

It's also cool to learn who has an eye for photography and how with a bit of PP, one can improved their shots. It's like everyone will be using kit, so it's really more about digital photography. If I could I'll love everyone to use the same body & same lens, but it's impossible^^;

U can use my kit if u feel u need to join:)

Gee. Thanks.. :) I need lar...
Not a lot of experience with flashes.
Have to check with wife though...
See if she can find her own program on that day. :p

flowerpot u sure u need? Cause I only doing the basic, dun wan later u waste ur time.

Huh ?? u see mi so up ah... i neber even taken a single product shots yet...models i shoot alot la :bsmilie: but product neber try ley... my extra flash haben buy yet also... ok ok...maybe put mi in the reserve list...if got slot left then i come see see look look...

Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap

6 slots:
1. woonsin

Gee. Thanks.. :) I need lar...
Not a lot of experience with flashes.
Have to check with wife though...
See if she can find her own program on that day. :p

Can can. I also need confirm with mine to make sure I can 100% set it as 12th:bsmilie:

Huh ?? u see mi so up ah... i neber even taken a single product shots yet...models i shoot alot la :bsmilie: but product neber try ley... my extra flash haben buy yet also... ok ok...maybe put mi in the reserve list...if got slot left then i come see see look look...

My impression of ur photography is that u got experience with strobists action. Not at beginner lvl that's for sure. If you really wanna learn fashion photography, you should ask Zenten for pointers;)

Edit: Anyone wanna bring Gundam to be model? lol

I can bring gundam but not painted one.. =P Stikfas also can...haha

Longko..I dun hv the kit lens..only hv Sigma 17-70 & 50mm f1.4...

6 slots:
1. woonsin
2. ishou80

I can bring gundam but not painted one.. =P Stikfas also can...haha

Longko..I dun hv the kit lens..only hv Sigma 17-70 & 50mm f1.4...

:sweat:All sold the kit lens ah >.< okok Sigma 17-70mm & DA 16-40mm allowed...

LOL.... You've gotta agree the Sigma1770 gots a more comprehensive range than the kit...
+ it does macro (to some extend) too... :D

I've got a couple of model kits I could bring along...
Though the best painted on is a Gundam Leopard which is a little hard to pose becos of its heavy armory... :p

My impression of ur photography is that u got experience with strobists action. Not at beginner lvl that's for sure. If you really wanna learn fashion photography, you should ask Zenten for pointers;)

aya just did alot of reading thats all...theroy oni la...can talk cannot execute :bsmilie: anyway let others have the chance first...really got slots then i drop by...

Zenten ah :bsmilie: ... i must go buy a ladder first to stand beside him :bsmilie:

haha...paiseh..I get the camera body only so no kit lens..started off with sigma 17-70 straight =P

Btw..will the date be confirm further down when it draw closer? or we can say it's more of less confirm on the 12th?

Status
Not open for further replies.