Pentax strobist sharing (Jul 08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap:bsmilie:

Everything to be confirmed, but this is the likely to be the details.

Theme: Basic Products and Close-up
Date: 12th Jul 08 (Sat) If this date I can't hold it'll be on a Sat of Jul
Venue: In Balestier
Time: 1pm to 3pm max.
Program: Go thru basic setup, basic photography and basic PP
6 slots:

Edit: Conditions:
1. Only kit lenses allowed (DA 18-55mm and F/FA 28-80mm), if no kit lens then use Sigma 17-70mm or DA 16-40mm. I'm serious about this point, I'll invite anyone who bring other lenses out.
2. Only for Pentax user.

Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap:bsmilie:

6 slots:
1. Flowerpot

:)

Gengh

May 6, 2007
Florida
Sigh... very very interested, but won't be in Singapore that weekend.... :cry:

woonsin

Nov 10, 2007
Hougang
Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap

6 slots:
1. Flowerpot
2. woonsin

I want to join in and learn from you. But hope u will be patient with me bec we have to communicate by writing. Thank you. ;):heart:

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
flowerpot u sure u need? Cause I only doing the basic, dun wan later u waste ur time.

Sigh... very very interested, but won't be in Singapore that weekend.... :cry:
Don't worry, there'll always be a next time^^

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
I want to join in and learn from you. But hope u will be patient with me bec we have to communicate by writing. Thank you. ;):heart:
No worry I'll try to do a brief training sheet^^ Not teaching but sharing, not qualified to teach yet >.<

alanswan

Aug 23, 2005
Seng Kang
Edit: Conditions:
1. Only kit lenses allowed (DA 18-55mm and F/FA 28-80mm). I'm serious about this point, I'll invite anyone who bring other lenses out.
2. Only for Pentax user.
Uhmm...
I don't have my DA18-55. :embrass:
Only Sigma 17-70. Cannot join? :what:

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Uhmm...
I don't have my DA18-55. :embrass:
Only Sigma 17-70. Cannot join? :what:
U sure u need the basics?;) U can use my kit if u feel u need to join:)

Edit: Using the kit lens to standardise for easy sharing, also since it's product/close-up, 1:3 and 1:4 is sufficient. Also this sharing workshop it's more of digital photography can do than promoting LBA^_~

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
Argh... I only going to miss this session, and holidaying in Japan. Upz for the sharing session!!!

woonsin

Nov 10, 2007
Hougang
No worry I'll try to do a brief training sheet^^ Not teaching but sharing, not qualified to teach yet >.<
You are too kind but I believe u will be more than our strobist mentor... :D

ok, I will bring 18-55mm but can use Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 along??? :think:

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Argh... I only going to miss this session, and holidaying in Japan. Upz for the sharing session!!!
Enjoy ur holiday^^ Anyway, u wun miss much, just try out last sat sharing, think u'll great^^ Not that u needed much to begin with:bsmilie:

You are too kind but I believe u will be more than our strobist mentor... :D

ok, I will bring 18-55mm but can use Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 along??? :think:
No Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. Trust me, if u can make shots from the kit get commercial value shots, u can use any lens to get similar or even much better shots. This is something I picked up from night86mare photography^^

It's also cool to learn who has an eye for photography and how with a bit of PP, one can improved their shots. It's like everyone will be using kit, so it's really more about digital photography. If I could I'll love everyone to use the same body & same lens, but it's impossible^^;

flowerpot u sure u need? Cause I only doing the basic, dun wan later u waste ur time.
Huh ?? u see mi so up ah... i neber even taken a single product shots yet...models i shoot alot la :bsmilie: but product neber try ley... my extra flash haben buy yet also... ok ok...maybe put mi in the reserve list...if got slot left then i come see see look look...

Since a few Pentax bros are interested in simple product/close-up photography, I'd decide to hold a sharing workshop/gathering on the 12th of Jul. Only 6 slots, as I dun wan too many ppl. Will only go through the basics with multiple flash sets. Most likely will hold a basic sharing workshop on P-TTL strobist after my AF-540FGZ came back from Jap

6 slots:
1. woonsin

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Gee. Thanks.. :) I need lar...
Not a lot of experience with flashes.
Have to check with wife though...
See if she can find her own program on that day. :p
Can can. I also need confirm with mine to make sure I can 100% set it as 12th:bsmilie:

Huh ?? u see mi so up ah... i neber even taken a single product shots yet...models i shoot alot la :bsmilie: but product neber try ley... my extra flash haben buy yet also... ok ok...maybe put mi in the reserve list...if got slot left then i come see see look look...
My impression of ur photography is that u got experience with strobists action. Not at beginner lvl that's for sure. If you really wanna learn fashion photography, you should ask Zenten for pointers;)

Edit: Anyone wanna bring Gundam to be model? lol

ishou80

Mar 9, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
I can bring gundam but not painted one.. =P Stikfas also can...haha

Longko..I dun hv the kit lens..only hv Sigma 17-70 & 50mm f1.4...

6 slots:
1. woonsin
2. ishou80

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
I can bring gundam but not painted one.. =P Stikfas also can...haha

Longko..I dun hv the kit lens..only hv Sigma 17-70 & 50mm f1.4...
:sweat:All sold the kit lens ah >.< okok Sigma 17-70mm & DA 16-40mm allowed...

alanswan

Aug 23, 2005
Seng Kang
LOL.... You've gotta agree the Sigma1770 gots a more comprehensive range than the kit...
+ it does macro (to some extend) too... :D

I've got a couple of model kits I could bring along...
Though the best painted on is a Gundam Leopard which is a little hard to pose becos of its heavy armory... :p

My impression of ur photography is that u got experience with strobists action. Not at beginner lvl that's for sure. If you really wanna learn fashion photography, you should ask Zenten for pointers;)
aya just did alot of reading thats all...theroy oni la...can talk cannot execute :bsmilie: anyway let others have the chance first...really got slots then i drop by...

Zenten ah :bsmilie: ... i must go buy a ladder first to stand beside him :bsmilie:

ishou80

Mar 9, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
haha...paiseh..I get the camera body only so no kit lens..started off with sigma 17-70 straight =P

Btw..will the date be confirm further down when it draw closer? or we can say it's more of less confirm on the 12th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom