Pentax soul lens

Which is Pentax's soul lens?

Results are only viewable after voting.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
Vote for the one lens that you feel represents Pentax.

*Potential LBA trigger spotted*

Probably needs to be a manual focus lens, so the user can link his soul with the camera ;)

No takumar? -Which some take as the zenith of Pentax ambitions and build standard
No SMC K? - Which hold some of the very best constructed K-mount MF lenses

Hey! Wait!
You polling only the lenses you have :D :D

IMHO, the Limiteds probably represent the Pentax way of defining its own path (or focal length for that matter)

No takumar? -Which some take as the zenith of Pentax ambitions and build standard
No SMC K? - Which hold some of the very best constructed K-mount MF lenses

Hey! Wait!
You polling only the lenses you have :D :D

IMHO, the Limiteds probably represent the Pentax way of defining its own path (or focal length for that matter)
I don't have half of them...
There's an others option.
You are sounding more and more like creampuff and flowerpot. d:

I don't have half of them...
There's an others option.
You are sounding more and more like creampuff and flowerpot. d:

Lol! Just in jest :)
I'm sure you collected quite a few Ltd and A*from the lens pics you have shown before.
At least you set your mind and got some nice sets (legendary ones too).
My stuff all "chap pa lang".

Like I said, probably the Ltds best represent Pentax. So either I check all the limited listed or its others. :)

Lol! Just in jest :)
I'm sure you collected quite a few Ltd and A*from the lens pics you have shown before.
At least you set your mind and got some nice sets (legendary ones too).
My stuff all "chap pa lang".

Like I said, probably the Ltds best represent Pentax. So either I check all the limited listed or its others. :)
I see... Sorry if I sounded harsh or anything.

no DFA 100 macro? guess this one get's most attention nowadays. :)

where the hell is da40 limited?

Whaaa, I haven't even posted on this thread and my nickname gets mentioned. :what:

How come only selected prime lenses listed? What's the criteria?
Zoom lenses don't even make the list... so got no soul?
Never heard of DA 50mm f2.8 Limited... is that a new lens?

Any lens got Pentax name on it sure represents Pentax mah...
My choice of the lens that best represents Pentax - DA 18-55mm kit lens... the lens every newbie starts out with... the lens that comes in a few colors... the lens that comes in different versions, Samsung version not included (original, II, DAL, WR), the most widely available lens from Pentax... the only lens that comes FREE with the camera... and ...the lens lens snobs who pride too highly of their lens collections don't wanna use. :think:

Last edited:
Whaaa, I haven't even posted on this thread and my nickname gets mentioned. :what:
What are you trying to get at, scorpioh?

How come only selected prime lenses listed? What's the criteria?
Zoom lenses don't even make the list... so got no soul?
Never heard of DA 50mm f2.8 Limited... is that a new lens?

Any lens got Pentax name on it sure represents Pentax mah...
My choice - DA 18-55mm kit lens... the lens every newbie starts out with... the lens that comes in a few colors... the lens that comes in different versions (original, II, DAL, WR), the most widely available lens from Pentax...
the lens lens snobs don't wanna use.

I feel the way he replied is very similar to how you and flowerpot may reply.

I am just thinking off the top of my head. Well, no criteria here; it's nothing formal, just for fun. As for the context which I did not state in my first post, I used to hear that the FA77 is the soul lens of Pentax. So just wanna see how true is this. Sorry if I missed out the zooms and probably offended you? :dunno:

Yeah, the DA50mm is a genuine mistake on my part. Should be DA40mm.

How about the Super (SMC) Takumar 50mm f1.4 ?
It survive for 40 years and still take good pictures... it should have some soul ? Maybe ? ;)

It's not the lens but my humble soul represent Pentax.:angel:

I feel the way he replied is very similar to how you and flowerpot may reply.

I am just thinking off the top of my head. Well, no criteria here; it's nothing formal, just for fun. As for the context which I did not state in my first post, I used to hear that the FA77 is the soul lens of Pentax. So just wanna see how true is this. Sorry if I missed out the zooms and probably offended you? :dunno:

Yeah, the DA50mm is a genuine mistake on my part. Should be DA40mm.

FA77 got many souls mah... :bsmilie: