Not open for further replies.

hamustar

May 23, 2007
SengKang
www.flickr.com
20071129151159509_0001.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Price still unshaken after so long. :)

After the last COMEX show at the end of August, I have pretty much given up hope with prices advertised at trade/consumer shows. Even though Singapore Expo is pretty near to where I live, I'll give it a miss... what a waste time... :rolleyes: Looking at the K10D price really is beyond belief.

After the last COMEX show at the end of August, I have pretty much given up hope with prices advertised at trade/consumer shows. Even though Singapore Expo is pretty near to where I live, I'll give it a miss... what a waste time... :rolleyes: Looking at the K10D price really is beyond belief.

Like I said in another thread ............ Siao Liao!!!:confused:

Ahhhhhh, i was waiting for Sitex so i can move into Pentax and leave behind my canon... but i guess the price is still too high for me to move...

Ahhhhhh, i was waiting for Sitex so i can move into Pentax and leave behind my canon... but i guess the price is still too high for me to move...

Bro,

You can always move over by purchasing from other retailer other than Sitex. :)

If you don't mind grey set, OP price is quite attractive. :thumbsup:

Otherwise like some of the guys who get from overseas or to get from the fav local store who give good price. Usually the computer show are more like exhibit the gadget and for you to try try touch touch since it's @ RRP.

this time they set up shop is some obscure corner of the exhibition hall....totally no bells(belles??) and whistles.

Pentax booth is always at a corner..
Last show oso like that...
Haha...

Posting from Changi Airport :) Oh man, the price for K10D just hasn't changed at all ever since it's released here in SG a year ago :D

Got back from Sitex, Manage to cut K100D down to $800 from $999, but he said only cash and carry for that price. I didnt have enough money with me that time and they dont accept nets... how sad

and K10D is now $1499 with dual kit lens, kit + 70-300mm. I didnt fight for price on that one, therefore it might get down to $1400 maybe?

Good camera, but i still cant let go of my 300D canon with 3 Canon Lens... i so wish to own the Pentax K100D.... sob sob

nvm... i shall wait for the lifespan of my 300D to end...

K100D (if its Super) for 800 is very good price lei, i go ask for quotes also never get 800 before.

K100D (if its Super) for 800 is very good price lei, i go ask for quotes also never get 800 before.

Perhaps you can try again towards the end of the show since there was a possibility. I usually visit these computer show on the very last min, about 6 or 7pm where prices started to slash :bsmilie:

Yes the K100D that i asked is K100D super, it is $800...
wish all of people outthere good luck slashing it below $700!!

Can't go lei... got to study for paper.
If anyone intends to go slash price... i have a recommendation, tell them you buying 2 sets, 1 for you, 1 for me.

Of course, the scary thing is i really have no idea how to deal with trust upon this. Later i ibank to the person he run away then its very troublesome for me too.

If anyone can work out a solution do let me know. : )

mmm. Has it occurred to anyone the Pentax K100D is a fully capable camera?
And that the lower end Nikon D40 is $999? (maybe a little lower). I think the Pentax brand is a good one but suffers from unrealistic expectations.

If we look at it logically, based on its featurs, any price below $1200 is considered good and a bonus. I paid $1399 for my K100D when it first camer out. A little high but it performed very well, so I think its still worth it.

I know everyone including myself is always looking for that special bargain but it saddens me when some one comments "yucks...$1000 so expensive. I better not buy it. Wait till it falls to $800". And when that price comes, another person comes along and hopes to get it even lower. I mean, then where is the enjoyment? The sooner you get the camera, the sooner you can go out there and capture your moments..

The official retail price is higher because the local distributor needed to cover for service centre costs whereas the parallel importers only need to ride on it. I mean poor Kelvin from the service centre has to have a salary, right?

From another view point, C owners can't even dream of seeing such prices and yet they are willing to pay much more for similarly or even lower configured cameras. Have you see the Panasonic and Canon P&S cameras? Some even cost more than $800!

sorry...just ranting a little:devil:.

Back to SITEX, I spent 4 hrs there today looking at all the bargains.
As for the scanned Brochure, ALWAYS remember prices on the first 2-3 days are high but expect it to be cut by $100-$200 on the last day. If you intend to buy such stuff, ALWAYS go on the last day....

As usual, the Pentax stand was extremely ineffective. The brand won so many awards I can't understand why they will not put all this up in large font posters since they have the bragging rights. Instead, you get the usual cameras under the glass table and about the only people who pops by are already pentax owners. But if its any consolation, one of the credit card compnaies (can't remember which one) is giving away a Pentax P&S camera free! :thumbsup:

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.