Pentax Shop in Wukesong camera mall, Beijing

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
Was in Beijing for a couple of days and I dropped by this camera mall at Wukesong to have a look. Think the entire Peninsula, Funan area compressed into one small mall, with shops selling all kinds of camera stuff. Even Safrotto, Jinbei, and other Chinese third-party brands have their own storefront. I was quite surprised to see a Pentax shop selling exclusively Pentax stuff.. I guess Pentax is quite popular in China, which explains the many white K-rs that I saw in the wild.

3131_10151191864711138_981906230_n.jpg

228451_10151191865056138_1393201865_n.jpg

darrrrrrrrrr said:
Was in Beijing for a couple of days and I dropped by this camera mall at Wukesong to have a look. Think the entire Peninsula, Funan area compressed into one small mall, with shops selling all kinds of camera stuff. Even Safrotto, Jinbei, and other Chinese third-party brands have their own storefront. I was quite surprised to see a Pentax shop selling exclusively Pentax stuff.. I guess Pentax is quite popular in China, which explains the many white K-rs that I saw in the wild.

How much are the da/fa Ltd? :)

3131_10151191864711138_981906230_n.jpg

228451_10151191865056138_1393201865_n.jpg

Darren,

I tot you have sold all your pentax gear and gone nikon.

It seems, your heart is very much Pentax:).. I suppose its pentax comraderie that makes d difference:bsmilie:

Nice shot of china Pentax, tot its our group T she is wearing

marcus

Darren,

It seems, your heart is very much Pentax:).. I suppose its pentax comraderie that makes d difference:bsmilie:

marcus

marcus, there's 645D next to her ;)

jasonlel said:
How much are the da/fa Ltd? :)

Haha sorry did not ask.. I didn't buy anything from the whole place (temptations were strong though) because the warranty hassle would not be worth the little cost savings if any.. And i think pentax sg prices are good. Kinda asked abt the camera body prices and they seemed to be roughly similar to sg prices iirc

otc said:
Darren,

marcus

Of course the sg pentax community is one of the big things that drew me into the brand and i dont think you can find that camaraderie elsewhere. Also if i post a shot of a nikon shop (and there were several, also got leica shop, hasselblad shop) it's nothing special and worth posting haha! But a pentax shop...

oceanpriest said:
marcus, there's 645D next to her ;)

I think theres also the special grand prix limited edition in the red box next to the regular white box.. Did not enquire though

Pentax is 'Bing de', sounds not nice leh.

But how I wish we have such a store here, looks complete including 3rd party lens and accessories.

But how I wish we have such a store here, looks complete including 3rd party lens and accessories.

Is the shop selling real stuff ? did you test any lens ? hopefully not another CHina APPLE STORE ?

Is the shop selling real stuff ? did you test any lens ? hopefully not another CHina APPLE STORE ?

It's not me who went. :bsmilie:

But I don't think camera and lens can replicate, it's too complex.

Darren, thanks for sharing.
Hope Pentax knows how to work some marketing and sell well in China so that it stays viable.

"Bling" De sounds quite good what :D :D

"Wo yao na ge Bling De Xiang Ji "
(Translate : I want that Bling camera" ) :D

PhilipKr35 said:

No pentax camera how to test ;) haha but the guy in the pic was testing a FA77 on his k5 so seems legit haha

pchmj said:

Yeah they had a whole shelf of tamron lenses, probably all pentax mount.. Also another shelf of ricoh stuff. If want accessories better to go the other shops.. Heck there was even a shop specializing only in hoya filters!!!

578819_10151191865331138_1101891599_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah they had a whole shelf of tamron lenses, probably all pentax mount.. Also another shelf of ricoh stuff. If want accessories better to go the other shops.. Heck there was even a shop specializing only in hoya filters!!!

578819_10151191865331138_1101891599_n.jpg

Wah!!! This place is like "Pasir Panjang Wholesale Centre" for Everything involving camera and they waste no money on making a nice shop front, the price must be very attractive I guessed.

This is one the best place to buy camera stuff in Beijing, other than from Taibao :)

The photo equipment shopping mall (Xin Guang) in Shanghai is even bigger w/ a lot more stuff than this one in Beijing.

TZHao said:
... are you kidding , or you really mean it ? :sweat:

I suppose Darrrr was there and there was one guy there testing lens w K5 , so should be legitimate and FW sounded from his post also been.

I was doubtful but now believe the lens are real

I think it is hard to make fake functional sharp lens, if a fake lens focus fast and produce sharp image, then it is good lens.

I heard fake iPhone that even functions almost the same, and other fake electronics,

but optics is hard to fake cheaply I guess, if possible, hope China can make cheap fake zeiss lens in k mount and add some new feature like autofocus

I bought my K-5, DA 50-135 and other stuff from the above Pentax shop.. confirm everything is geniune :) But too bad it is still not as popular as other brands.