Pentax/Ricoh September 2012 outing: Admiralty Park on 15 Sept. 2012

I'm still unclear about the meeting point if I am not going to the Woodlands Waterfront for the sunrise shoot.

So for macro only shooters, where is the meeting place and time?
Makan or no makan first? (I'd suggest at most a quick coffee only to save time and then a longer brunch/kopi session later after the macro shoot )

We go for a quick breakfast or coffee first. Any Kopitiam around there to suggest?

Otherwise probably meetup at end where is closer to the mrt or bus stop?

Last edited:
Actually I also don't know the place. Anyone can put up a map again?

Is there any bus stop for meeting point? Hope to make my first maiden meet with teachers

Wah, you got good Macro 90mm ,
Bus guide says 903, alight at Hlh Tyre and Battery bus stop, its the stop after passing Republic poly.
everything from iPhone apps.

Actually I also don't know the place. Anyone can put up a map again?

Click below, walk from NS9 Woodlands mrt towards Republic poly, then towards SAkura International Buffet Restaurant , South Gate to Admiralty Park is just next .
Google Maps

Never been to the place, need some confirmation of where to meet

1. sunrise - North Gate car park , nearer the waterfront ?

2. macro 7am breakfast where ?

3. South Entrance got car park ?

Admir-map_1259826475.jpg

We go for a quick breakfast or coffee first. Any Kopitiam around there to suggest?

Otherwise probably meetup at end where is closer to the mrt or bus stop?

the nearest entrance from MRT is south entrance (republic polytechnic), there's only subway and 7-11 nearby that entrance IIRC

carpark is at west entrance

Click below, walk from NS9 Woodlands mrt towards Republic poly, then towards SAkura International Buffet Restaurant , South Gate to Admiralty Park is just next .
Google Maps

sakura international buffer restaurant is at west entrance

Last edited:
Google Maps

Looking at the map, it looks quite far, take bus 903 from Woodlands interchange

K01. fengwei (hp: 9199329 9)
K02. mzhai
K03. seefei
K04. hjbyeo
K05. sunnycamera
K06. p3ntx
K07. felixcat8888
K08. cyk13
K09. Equatorer
K10. creampuff
K11. oceanpriest
K12. JK
K13. PhilipKr35
K14. iamnubie
K15. wonglp (tentative, not sure can crawl out of bed and can't stay that long) though will be nice to make some new friends
K16. istDeS
K17 airconvent
K18 Greg (Never been to the park, will try to find out the meeting place)

Don't forget to bring mosquitoes repellent if venture to wooded areas.
As far as I remember, it's free parking at North entrance.
Coupon parking at Water Front.

Last edited:
K02. mzhai
K03. seefei
K04. hjbyeo
K05. sunnycamera
K06. p3ntx
K07. felixcat8888
K08. cyk13
K09. Equatorer
K10. creampuff
K11. oceanpriest
K12. JK
K13. PhilipKr35
K14. iamnubie
K15. wonglp (tentative, not sure can crawl out of bed and can't stay that long) though will be nice to make some new friends
K16. istDeS
K17 airconvent
SS27 . Supersimon27 (only got time for sunrise . got to rush back after that :))

K02. mzhai
K03. seefei
K04. hjbyeo
K05. sunnycamera
K06. p3ntx
K07. felixcat8888 (Might not go as I cut my right palm yesterday evening so cannot drive, Don't know if I can hold the camera or not too. Might go if I can get to car share)
K08. cyk13
K09. Equatorer
K10. creampuff
K11. oceanpriest
K12. JK
K13. PhilipKr35
K14. iamnubie
K16. istDeS
K17 airconvent
SS27 . Supersimon27 (only got time for sunrise . got to rush back after that :))

K07. felixcat8888 (Might not go as I cut my right palm yesterday evening so cannot drive, Don't know if I can hold the camera or not too. Might go if I can get to car share)

Sorry to hear that... I can take you along if you can get up early for the sunrise :)

Okay guys, any place to sit down for a quick breakfast/coffee after the sunrise and wait for the others to come for the macro outing? I don't know that place well, but hopefully it's somewhere near between or close to both the Woodlands Waterfront and Admiralty Park so we don't need to drive around after the sunrise shoot.

AdmiraltyPark_map.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Pentax/Ricoh September 2012 outing: Admiralty Park on 15 Sept. 2012

K02. mzhai
K03. seefei
K04. hjbyeo
K05. sunnycamera
K06. p3ntx
K08. cyk13
K09. Equatorer
K10. creampuff
K11. oceanpriest
K12. JK
K13. PhilipKr35
K14. iamnubie
K16. istDeS
K17 airconvent
K19 Philip113 (oldman want to learn photography will be buying K30 october but meanwhile pick up kx on buy / sell section) for this meetup , I stay near Bishan I can bring Pentaxian to the place :) my contact 81281133
SS27 . Supersimon27 (only got time for sunrise . got to rush back after that )

Last edited:
Okay guys, any place to sit down for a quick breakfast/coffee after the sunrise and wait for the others to come for the macro outing? I don't know that place well, but hopefully it's somewhere near between or close to both the Woodlands Waterfront and Admiralty Park so we don't need to drive around after the sunrise shoot.

AdmiraltyPark_map.jpg

I don't rem there is any coffee shop ard the waterfront area . The nearest on might be inside republic poly . Never been inside before . Anyone can advice ?

I don't rem there is any coffee shop ard the waterfront area . The nearest on might be inside republic poly . Never been inside before . Anyone can advice ?

Only can think of Woodlands foodcentre.
Then drive to Waterfront, its not too far away.
I been there by car n on bicycle via park connector.

Only can think of Woodlands foodcentre.
Then drive to Waterfront, its not too far away.
I been there by car n on bicycle via park connector.

Good suggestion. Can't think of anything else at the moment also :)

Not familiar with that place but maybe can try republic poly since there are quite a few foodcourts inside. The only thing is currently it is their vacation so not sure only certain foodcourts are open or all are open.

OES - Office of Estate