Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Botanic Garden on 12 Oct 2014 - Post your photos here

Greg0222

Oct 6, 2009
Yio Chu Kang
It's nice to catch up with you guys again! I would like to start the photo sharing post with a few shots today. Looking forward to many more sharing from all of you.

15325727747_3d026c83a6_b.jpg
[/url]IMGP4698 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
15325402249_3a07a864d4_b.jpg
[/url]IMGP4729 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
15325728117_a39eda3e2d_b.jpg
[/url]IMGP4732 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
15325640328_bd540fbfb6_b.jpg
[/url]IMGP4758 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
15325404149_4e3e6ac047_b.jpg
[/url]IMGP4785 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thank you bro Greg for starting this sharing thread! Very nice series to start!

It was nice to meet you all this outing and the weather was also very nice this morning! Thank you both bro Felix and Joe have brought along your tele-converter to lend me! I shoot the whole today with Joe's Pentax 1.4X-S converter and the result is much better than the Raynox!

I will start my sharing with the Dragonfly series. Full image magnification without cropping!

15326109499_892d1ddca7_c.jpg

15509876361_77f8ef3906_c.jpg

15509875201_ef4d9af16b_c.jpg

15325743287_1ff3480c3c_c.jpg

Last edited:
It's nice to catch up with you guys again! I would like to start the photo sharing post with a few shots today. Looking forward to many more sharing from all of you.

[/URL]IMGP4698 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/URL]IMGP4729 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/URL]IMGP4732 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/URL]IMGP4758 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/URL]IMGP4785 by 海明Greg, on Flickr[/IMG]

Niceee....i share mine tomorrow but not much hahah not expert in macro

Last edited:
Thank you bro Greg to starting this sharing thread! Very nice series to start!

It was nice to meet you all this outing and the weather was also very nice this morning! Thank you both bro Felix and Joe have brought along your tele-converter to lend me! I shoot the whole today with Joe's Pentax 1.4X-S converter and the result is much better than the Raynox!

I will start my sharing with the Dragonfly series. Full image magnification without cropping!

U r welcome bro...yes from u i can see my 1.4x shines...thumbs up bro

Thank you bro Greg for starting this sharing thread! Very nice series to start!

Amazingly sharp with the details! What speed and aperture you use?

Niceee....i share mine tomorrow but not much hahah not expert in macro
Thank you Joe. I am not expert, shoot for fun! Looking forward for more sharing from you and other bros.

Sure sure...we learn from each other :) hope next outing still can join u all....

Amazingly sharp with the details! What speed and aperture you use?
Thank Greg! I could not tell exactly the aperture but normally near highest magnification I use f11 and f8 for smaller magnification. Shutter speed is 1/200s for all. My first 2 should be f8 and the last 2 should be f11.

Nice meeting Joe and some new and old bros. Quite some lenses to play with, Fa 85 f1.4, leica 90 f2.8 from Joe and Samyang new lens. New camera from fengwei, a small and compact ones.

Chipvn and Greg, nice macro shots that both of you have posted.

my share for the day

houseflyimgp3624141010-8 by luctomar, on Flickr

houseflyimgp3624141010-6 by luctomar, on Flickr

otc

Hi bro otc

No chance to meet u haha. Anyway ur shot is in vivid mode? Or post process with enhance colours? Or straight out of camera colours?

Thanks

Wow! Nice start to the photos thread.

Greg, nice shots there.

Marcus, you always manage to find interesting bugs.

Thank Greg! I could not tell exactly the aperture but normally near highest magnification I use f11 and f8 for smaller magnification. Shutter speed is 1/200s for all. My first 2 should be f8 and the last 2 should be f11.

Thanks!

Hi bro otc

No chance to meet u haha. Anyway ur shot is in vivid mode? Or post process with enhance colours? Or straight out of camera colours?

Thanks

I was at the café are at visitor centre from evan road but could not see any pentaxians. Only at about 11 am then managed to meet our fellow bros and there were some lenses to share n play with.

yes my image was PP with lightroom 5.6, enhance d colors but this fly is often found beneath the leaves.
some shots taken just above the surface, quite rare. I took quite a number of the day so have a few ones in sharp focus, making PP easier.

Yes I did not manage to meet you, perhaps another time

otc

Wow! Nice start to the photos thread.

Greg, nice shots there.

Marcus, you always manage to find interesting bugs.

Jk, its not a housefly although it looks like one. often found under side of the leaf. I like the vibrant colors
The vibrant colors is typical of the fly. Name????Anyone.

otc