Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - 14 April - Changi Boardwalk & Bedok Reservoir

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

Time for our monthly outing again. Sorry for the short notice. And thanks to Des' suggestion. Let's do a sports shoot this round - Slam Dunk Championships @ Bedok Reservoir:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/exhi...bedok-reservoir-sunday-14th-april-2013-a.html

But before that, let's go for the sunrise at Changi Boardwalk (which we missed for the Feb 2013 outing).

Date: 14 April 2013
Time: 6am onwards
Venue: Changi Boardwalk (10am onwards @ Bedok Reservoir)

Meetup at the sunrise shootout scene @ Changi Boardwalk. I'd love to see some place like this:

3189716133_8980a12a81_z.jpg

Would be great if some one knows where this spot is located.

After the sunrise shoot, let's go for breakfast at the food center @ Changi Ferry Terminal, then head to Bedok Reservoir for some actions. Will reach Bedok Reservoir around or before 10am.

I'm sure we'd have a lot fun there :)

01. fengwei (hp: 9199-3299) - I'd be driving from Queenstown, can pick up up to 3 guys along the way.
02. JK (97735246)

Last edited:

I'd suggest we shoot till 8am, then sit down for Kopi and the guest speaker for the outing will talk about how he/she shoots landscape or post processes them.
It will be a 15-20min sharing only.
Then we head off for Bedok Reservoir after that.
(I'll msg the usual suspects to see who is able to be guest speaker and update back here)

Last edited:
I know exactly where the spot is , if u don't mind a non-pentax shooter joining, I can be the guide (at changi ) . I will PM my details.

I'd suggest we shoot till 8am, then sit down for Kopi and the guest speaker for the outing will talk about how he/she shoots landscape or post processes them.
(I'll msg the usual suspects to see who is able to be guest speaker and update back here)

Sounds great to me. Hopefully some guys (WK, Simon, ... you guys wanna volunteer?) can share some stuff there in live demo style ;p

I try apply permit tonight to my CO . Hopefully she allow me to go . Btw boss, the location of the picture attached above does no have sunrise wor. It is a sunset spot . JK thanks for the invite . Really hope to be able to help

Nice place for snapping...wish the weather is good. So envy for u all...i can only do my snapping on weekdays...weekends always fully booked. Simon is the speaker? Wah great man...can anyone video it and post in here so those who cant attend also can share his experience in taking good photos...hope to see it. Enjoy all pentaxian cheers

I try apply permit tonight to my CO . Hopefully she allow me to go . Btw boss, the location of the picture attached above does no have sunrise wor. It is a sunset spot . JK thanks for the invite . Really hope to be able to help

You can shoot sunrise colors, but have to be on the other side of the rock.

It will be low tide at sunrise on 14 Apr. Changi Village side would have a more direct view of the sunrise and will be accessible due to low tide:

Remnants of the Day | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Asunder | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Static | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Alternatively CP6 is also good but harder to find if you have not been there or are not familiar with the place.

Martian Land | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Aquarius | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Lyrical | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'll be happy to share, should be able to make it (Bernard, are you going? We can probably head there together).

01. fengwei (hp: 9199-3299) - I'd be driving from Queenstown, can pick up up to 3 guys along the way.
02. JK (97735246)
03. sunnycamera - (I need a pickup, I am at redhill mrt)

You can shoot sunrise colors, but have to be on the other side of the rock.

It will be low tide at sunrise on 14 Apr. Changi Village side would have a more direct view of the sunrise and will be accessible due to low tide:

Remnants of the Day | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Asunder | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Static | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Alternatively CP6 is also good but harder to find if you have not been there or are not familiar with the place.

Martian Land | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Aquarius | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Lyrical | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'll be happy to share, should be able to make it (Bernard, are you going? We can probably head there together).

Wah 2 great master also going? Aiyo...wanted to meet u bro for a long time...stay near near nia lolxx

Btw the spot is at Changi Beach Club, if the intention is still to find the rock. I can provide more details and instructions if we are still going there, it's pretty easy.

Btw the spot is at Changi Beach Club, if the intention is still to find the rock. I can provide more details and instructions if we are still going there, it's pretty easy.

Sounds great bros. Hope you two can come :) Now just wish the weather is great on the day.

wow, sounds like great location and a great shoot-out! Unfortunately am away this weekend. been to 1 outing only (chinatown) :( really wish I could join this time and listen to the tips from the masters!
hope to join next time!
u guys have fun!
paul

Just saw JK's ping. Will turn up for sure. Nice loc, Pentax buddies ... need to top it up with a brilliant sunrise!

Bernard, are you going? We can probably head there together.

WK, I'll PM you.

02. JK (97735246)
03. sunnycamera - (I need a pickup, I am at redhill mrt)
K5. Greg0222 - I need a pick up too, or share taxi? I stay close to Yio Chu Kang MRT)

02. JK (97735246)

Hey fengwei, can lopang your ride?
I live in Commonwealth and I can walk over to your location.