Pentax Q10 - New Video and The Making

PhilipKr35

Jul 17, 2011
Yew Tee

I want to know where to get this...

Lensholder.jpg

I wish Pentax would make a proper wide and a proper tele for the Q. Then I would be unable to resist.

I wish Pentax would make a proper wide and a proper tele for the Q. Then I would be unable to resist.

No proper wide yet.
But lens 06 - to be released Japan November is 83-249mm (35mm equivalent) is a proper zoom tele,
Prime tele you can get the Q to K mount adapter and put on FA 100mmWR to get 550mm prime.

Thanks. This is poisonous... Maybe Q10 can be a really fine go-everywhere-camera.. :sweat:

Any idea when it come

ahniao78 said:
Any idea when it come

2 days back APDS Facebook replied,

"We've already placed some orders and awaiting shipment date from production factory ".

I know it does not sound like any time soon but at least APDS has started the process with Pentax Japan.

in dilemma now as need it mid of nov, dunno wait q10 or just buy q

No proper wide yet.
But lens 06 - to be released Japan November is 83-249mm (35mm equivalent) is a proper zoom tele,
Prime tele you can get the Q to K mount adapter and put on FA 100mmWR to get 550mm prime.

Nah! Then it would not be small and cute!;)

IMO, with the firmware v1.10, just get the Q if the price is good

ahniao78 said:

I know what you are feeling, its waiting in vain it seems with APDS keeping silent of price, date launch Singapore, can't even take pre-order. Ahhh!Personally I prefer the Q profile shape, but I like the new grip on Q10 and silver body. Otherwise I am also now thinking if Q could well be the same thing but better price.

A few seniors who has updated the Q new firmware 1.10 were seeing better AF, added focus peaking. I think the sensor is the same for Q and Q10 if I am correct. Processor same also.
All functions features are the same, not sure if external flash sync speed same or not .

Price now for q seen dropping alot. Pentax to u Malaysia is selling at rm 1390 for q with prime len. And q and q10 seen not much different...hmmm