Pentax Q - review is starting to roll

Bro,

Thank you for a great review. I might add on to it once I get the K - Q adapter too but now don't have the time to really play with it although I got it in April this year.

Last edited:
Bro,

Thank you for a great review. I might add on to it once I get the K - Q adapter too but now don't have the time to really play with it although I got it in April this year.

Thanks.
Yes, do leave your inputs and keep the discussion going.
I think the Q deserves to be known to the larger audience out there.

Nice work, and thanks for the great effort. I wish I could squeeze some time to do a proper comparison review between the K5 and K30 as promised...

Nice work, and thanks for the great effort. I wish I could squeeze some time to do a proper comparison review between the K5 and K30 as promised...

FW, thanks for the compliment.
Really appreciate it.
I had thought nobody would be bothered to have a look at the review, since the Q is about a year old now, and is from Pentax, which typically nobody pays attention to.
So really appreciate all those who have taken a look at the review and given their comments. :)

Really appreciate it.
I had thought nobody would be bothered to have a look at the review, since the Q is about a year old now, and is from Pentax, which typically nobody pays attention to.
So really appreciate all those who have taken a look at the review and given their comments. :)

not really..i am paying attention to your review. well done...
likely i might get one with prime lens and the fisheye....

not really..i am paying attention to your review. well done...
likely i might get one with prime lens and the fisheye....

Thats for your kind support. :)
(I mean reading the review, not buying the stuff... since I don't earn commission :D :D )

Just came back from the Zoo, and updated the review.
If you guys want to know my thoughts on how the Q works as a crop engine for long range stuff, hop over to the review. ;)

7715598098_f192e48cb2_c.jpg

Pentax Q + FA*80-200

Do give your thoughts and comments there.... thx

Last edited:
pinholecam said:
If you guys want to know my thoughts on how the Q works as a crop engine for long range stuff, hop over to the review. ;)

Pentax Q + FA*80-200

Do give your thoughts and comments.... thx

Oh my.... How can you do this?! It turned poisonous in your hands!!! :D

You "tainted" that small, innocent Q!

Awesome.

Lets try it with the 100 - 300 , next time .

then the firepower will be at 1500 mm

7715598098_f192e48cb2_c.jpg

Pentax Q + FA*80-200

Man, this is really poisonous. I love the output from the Q.

Impressive! Wonder how it'd behave if mounted on an FA*600 ...

Next outing could we try out your Q???
It's giving more bang than the K01, it seems to me, at least the photos you have posted here, it's beyond sharp faster focus.

Oh my.... How can you do this?! It turned poisonous in your hands!!! :D

You "tainted" that small, innocent Q!

On a diet of steroids :D

Awesome.

Lets try it with the 100 - 300 , next time .

then the firepower will be at 1500 mm

550-1650mm, should be a pretty potent combi

Impressive! Wonder how it'd behave if mounted on an FA*600 ...

I'd be interested to see how it performs too, if it ever is available for one of the outings, certainly worth a try

Next outing could we try out your Q???
It's giving more bang than the K01, it seems to me, at least the photos you have posted here, it's beyond sharp faster focus.

Sure you can try it.
Its still a pns at the end of the day.
IQ won't be as good as the K01

Just to ask. Is it possible to mount a cctv lens on this camera?

AAAAHHH poisonous. The Q is probably the only thing here in the UK that costs less than in SG (<600 sgd with the Prime). I thought I cured my LBA when I moved here, but now your review is making me want to get the Q instead haha

Just to ask. Is it possible to mount a cctv lens on this camera?

Yes, but AFAIK, you need high resolution cctv, c and d mount lenses to give good IQ
Otherwise its just for fun

Really appreciate it.

i am a noobie when it comes to fotography but love to learn it as a hobby... so... i am actually keenly researching on this Q too coz cam is lost and now out to get a new cam and initially i would have just gone with S100 (had the S90) but my heart really wants me to try out a ILC but for my missus size is a factor as she doesnt like to handle any cam that is bigger than the S100, so this Q form factor became a shortlisted candidate and after reading online reviews and also your indepth review, i am very interested. Price is a constant factor of course but this little Q seems to much more fun (not to mention pretty to my missus' eyes) so thanks for your good review and hopefully i can decide soon :)

AAAAHHH poisonous. The Q is probably the only thing here in the UK that costs less than in SG (<600 sgd with the Prime). I thought I cured my LBA when I moved here, but now your review is making me want to get the Q instead haha

It's a great camera