Pentax Q Best Price in the Whole Wide World

PhilipKr35

Jul 17, 2011
Yew Tee
:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Yeah ! S$487 Pentax Q+01 lens+8GB SD card- Cash! Rebate included - No need cut out coupon
@ TK FOTO Funan Mall 2nd Floor
_IGP0675.jpg

Optio WG-2 (Black only) S$353 - Cash! Rebate included - No need cut out coupon

K-30 Body+len kit ( not sure if WR) S$980

Ricoh GXR also

cool;

they should be placed at that price at start, now Q10 is coming.

sunnycamera said:
cool;

they should be placed at that price at start, now Q10 is coming.

Q Magnesium alloy vs Q10 reinforced plastic
another shop lowest they could go $760.

fengwei said:
Good price, but can't say it's the best in the whole world:

Pentax Q + 8.5mm | Pentax Digital SLR Cameras | Ted's Camera Stores - Ted's Cameras

The above one is about $255sgd only! And you can buy a Q w the standard lens for less than 300sgd easily in Japan.

Wah! Ted is real cheap.
Japan could not be so cheap, Pentax Japan online is selling Q more expensive than Q10 , if you know this cheap Japan shop contact , let me know, my colleague could buy the lens. I thought Japan is all priced more expensive.

Philip, Congrats!
End of the torture of waiting :D
Nice price too in our local context.

With firmware v1.10, I personally think that Q classic is a classic over Q10. :)
Those pondering over a purchase should get one and get it over with and enjoy using the camera.

BTW, do you have the price for K01?
I'm considering it to tide me over till the big one comes.

Last edited:
Wah! Ted is real cheap.
Japan could not be so cheap, Pentax Japan online is selling Q more expensive than Q10 , if you know this cheap Japan shop contact , let me know, my colleague could buy the lens. I thought Japan is all priced more expensive.

I'm sure I've seen some online shops selling for around $300USD, a quick search on amazon.jp would give you this:
Amazon.co.jpF PENTAX ƒfƒWƒ^ƒ‹ˆêŠá Q ƒŒƒ“ƒYƒLƒbƒg ƒuƒ‰ƒbƒN PENTAXQLKBK: ‰Æ“dEƒJƒƒ‰

It's about $400SGD. I'm sure there are places selling for cheaper.

Just for your info, Q was the best selling EVIL camera last week in Japan among all EVIL cameras, and out-sold quite some dSLR cameras too. Probably Pentax is trying to clear the stock for the arrival of Q10.

fengwei said:
Just for your info, Q was the best selling EVIL camera last week in Japan among all EVIL cameras, and out-sold quite some dSLR cameras too. Probably Pentax is trying to clear the stock for the arrival of Q10.

Most likely as you pointed out , online retailer trying to clear stock now only, weeks earlier the price was higher US$399 B&H and Amazon, Japan Pentax online still did not drop Q price. Better to buy from retailer sometimes.

Timing is probably everything, TK Foto guy said I am the first customer for Q for them, not sure how true, but he said they only bring in one black one white to stock in their store. Before that, I went 4th floor, it was $760, then walking down to TK Foto , did not hope to see Q but wanted to check out GXR A16 , there it was in a small corner display glass table Q for $487 w 8GB SD card!

pinholecam said:
BTW, do you have the price for K01?
I'm considering it to tide me over till the big one comes.

K-01 was not in TK Foto display, but Clubsnap resale was $450 body.

GXR A16 kit $880.

K-01 was not in TK Foto display, but Clubsnap resale was $450 body.

GXR A16 kit $880.

GXR plus A16 kit at $880 is very good price. I checked around 2 months ago at the funan shops, the A16 module alone is between $850-$880.

Seen like q price dropping....I just bought two weeks ago rm1399. Q +10

ahniao78 said:

Is q +01

ahniao78 said:

Very cheap already rm$1399 for Q+01
Best Denki IMM Q+01+02 S$1399
4th floor Funan Q+01 $760; 03 lens S$180.

felixcat8888 said:
TK Foto @$487 is really cheap. Any more stocks kekeke

According to sales guy, i am the first to buy Q at their shop, they keep 1 set of each color, when they sell off , they replenish. So, I suppose left the black Q.

According to sales guy, i am the first to buy Q at their shop, they keep 1 set of each color, when they sell off , they replenish. So, I suppose left the black Q.

The first after it got launched? o_O

So like me you got the white. Now you must get the RJ 3rd party adapter kekeke

3rd party adapters are passe
Just spend the money once and get the original Pentax one.

It supports 1/250 flash sync for external flash and 1/1000 for the internal one.
Literally day and night in terms of usability for macro and birds/animals.
Original Pentax Q>PK adapter arrives! Mini review. - PentaxForums.com

The first after it got launched? o_O

No idea, perhaps 1st at least for this shop, as he said that this Q is belong to the not moving type of camera and they keep only two new sets in their shop.