Pentax Q ad on SBS bus

le petit prince

Jan 26, 2004
Seems like Emjay is splashing out on advertising the Pentax Q.

Saw the bus ad, on sides and back, just now during lunch. Too bad I couldn't get a shot of it before it left the bus stop.

It shows a white Q, big words "Pentax Q", and the tagline "Smallest digital..." forgot the rest. :p

Anyone glimpse it too?

Seems like Emjay is splashing out on advertising the Pentax Q.

Saw the bus ad, on sides and back, just now during lunch. Too bad I couldn't get a shot of it before it left the bus stop.

It shows a white Q, big words "Pentax Q", and the tagline "Smallest digital..." forgot the rest. :p

Anyone glimpse it too?

This is news indeed.
Never seen any Pentax Ad since the ones on the taxis.

Saw it this morning @ Jurong area.
"Be interesting"

Also saw that one at jurong point interchange this mornin. Will snap a pic once I see it again...

yup saw it too! It was on bus 61. Twice in a row taking the same bus ;)

Saw it too when I rode pass it. I was like taken aback. Sure or not they doing Advertising!. Looks like true.

guys.. NPNT? lol
i wanna see them!!

There is a Pentax Q ad outside the main entrance on the Challenger at Funan.. You can see it while riding the escalator up. It's quite a huge banner actually!

Something about nano? And there was an Emjay logo and company name at the bottom. The camera was next to a playing card to show how small it was... Could it be the one that le petit prince saw?

edutilos- said:
There is a Pentax Q ad outside the main entrance on the Challenger at Funan.. You can see it while riding the escalator up. It's quite a huge banner actually!

Something about nano? And there was an Emjay logo and company name at the bottom. The camera was next to a playing card to show how small it was... Could it be the one that le petit prince saw?

I can't remember if the bus ad includes a playing card. I hope it does, cos the picture of the Q on that ad looks massive! No sense of scale otherwise.

I can't remember if the bus ad includes a playing card. I hope it does, cos the picture of the Q on that ad looks massive! No sense of scale otherwise.

I was in the area today, so went back up to Challenger to shoot the ad for reference.. :)

photo-5.jpg

That sure looks big! Though I don't think the Q is considered a DSLR? Haha!

Anyway, since that first sighting, I haven't seen the bus ad again.

Off-topic: Was keen on the Q as my carry-everywhere compact, but given up waiting for Q prices to drift downwards; just got a 2nd-hand Ricoh GRD 3 instead. Loving it so far!

saw the bus passing woodsville this morning, didn't take note of the number though.

Is the bus ad the same as the one I posted? I don't really like the ad though, I must say.

Same here.
Looks quite 'cheapo' imho.
"Brought to you by one of the oldest camera makers since 1952"
sounds so constrained and lacks punch.

I would have gone all out with

"From the maker of the first Japanese SLR"

2626869860_a15cccd54e_o.jpg

Hold a Pentax. Use a Legend

Brief History of Pentax Cameras - Photoxels

Saw the bus today at lunch time and took a quick snap with my hp

PentaxQSMRT.jpg