Pentax pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS. You should compare market price for SG and US
Amazon price is :
K-R Kit US$619.95
K-5 Kit US$1,579.00

If you use simple english, more people will know what you are asking.
The problem is we do not know what you are asking.

i tink beta klose this tread all angwee nw. mod can help? tia
is reli a simple question

TS. You should compare market price for SG and US
Amazon price is :
K-R Kit US$619.95
K-5 Kit US$1,579.00

If you use simple english, more people will know what you are asking.
The problem is we do not know what you are asking.

sum know leh. ok, next time me w use proper engrish to help others to understand easier k?
my fault all dun angwee k?

i tink beta klose this tread all angwee nw. mod can help? tia
is reli a simple question

Click on Thread Tools, Click on Close Thread.

Click on Thread Tools, Click on Close Thread.

high IQ, type sms simi Engrish. TS shld know how 2 klose tis tread.

have to dumb down a little.

TS, i think you are the one who is being complicated here. If u want to compare prices, convert them either all to usd or sgd. It will be easier for you to judge which is more expensive to buy in singapore or in US. The problem with this thread is you are not comparing apple(sgd) to apple(sgd) but instead apple(sgd) to orange(usd). Then you start making a fuss of people not understanding you... Furthermore, start using improper and shortcuts english, with a hint of childishness in your replies.
I am not here to argue, just giving my thoughts when people here are trying to help you see things but you are kicking a big fuss of people not understanding what you are trying to bring across.
Cheers.

i know is in USD
K-r
SGD 717
USD 799: bigger figure
K-5
SGD1750: bigger figure
USD1599

that is what i c

Why look at MSRP? What camera gear is sold at MSRP anyway? Also you compare MSRP on one hand and street price on the other, that's a totally meaningless comparison which proves absolutely nothing

Here's a simple answer to your "simple question", let's compare the street price in US (using Amazon as a rough gauge) and in SG

K-r
SG Retail: S$771
US Retail (Amazon): US$599
SG price/US price =1.28

K-5
SG Retail: S$1700
US Retail (Amazon): US$1468
SG price/US price =1.15

From this comparison, numerical value of K-r SG price is now higher than US price, amazing! Doing some simple math, we can see that K-r price is pretty much in line with the currency conversion rate, while K-5 is rather overpriced in US and (kudos to Emjay) has always been a good deal in SG since its release. I hope that my post has addressed your "simple question". There is no great conspiracy theory going on here, simply TS making a flawed comparison. With the S$717 Feb promo price, the SG price is even cheaper than the exchange rate, so both K-r and K-5 are equally good value in SG.

Last edited:
sry my fault but nw every1 know liao
sum haab hi iq sum ppl low
tia

That is not a nice thing to say when you NEVER explain yourself clearly. Further more with BROKEN ENGLISH . . . .:angry::thumbsd: AND SMS type Spelling. Hw 2 undstd . . .???

Last edited:
Thanks for the wake-up laughter :D Lucky you didn't compare prices with RMB or JPY :bsmilie:
Cheers!

Last night, I was thinking to compare prices with other currencies, especially the JPY or RM$, but decided to leave them to people with better perspective.:)

I like this thread . It become a guess guess guess game . Everyone trying to guess what ts is saying. Lol . But also show how helpful we pentaxian are to react to different situation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.