Pentax Overseas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

flameon88

Aug 4, 2008
hi, do u guys know where to get the overseas street prices for maybe Bangkok, Hongkong, and Japan?
thanks ahead!

anyone have updated street prices for k20 for bangkok and hongkong? thanks! :sweat:

I checked out street prices in Bangkok before about a year ago, it's not too impressive.
I think you will have better luck with Hong Kong.

hong kong prices seems good... hahaha... hopefully will go there soon...
when i have the money...

Some one reports this price in Hong Kong.

K20D vs gx-20
$7280 vs $6490 (Around SGD 1330 vs SGD 1180)

Do you have the name of the shop which gave that price? Thanks.

Does anyone else have a shop to recommend, like the equivalent of our MS Color, where can go in and get a good price? I am thinking of asking someone to help me buy a K20D with the 18-55 AL II kit lens from HK. But the person is clueless about DSLRs. So it would be good if I can point the person to a honest shop that gives a good price (and international warranty of course).

Do you have the name of the shop which gave that price? Thanks.

Does anyone else have a shop to recommend, like the equivalent of our MS Color, where can go in and get a good price? I am thinking of asking someone to help me buy a K20D with the 18-55 AL II kit lens from HK. But the person is clueless about DSLRs. So it would be good if I can point the person to a honest shop that gives a good price (and international warranty of course).

Cathay like
Man shing 永成 / Wan shing 萬成 near Mong Kok MTR

MsColor like with large pentax catalog
Foto 風度 in Hong Hum, not easy to find

AP like in SLS like place
DC Fever, Simcity, Mong Kok, along Nathan Rd

Big chains
Citicall 鐳射, Fortress, everywhere
I saw the Gx-20 kit in one of the citicalls for 6900+. Quite reasonable.

TCW like
Tin Cheung / Zhao Xiang Guan in TST.

My suggestion is if ur fren is not familiar with HK, go for the Mong Kok area shops. Give him the price u get from the pentax google spreadsheet and tell him get ard that price. Exact locations get in Ygdragon. Always request for official hong kong stock bcos Pentax got international warranty.

Greetings,

Would Malaysia pricing cheaper than Singapore?

xdivider,
Thanks for the info, will pass it on to my friend. Amazon's price is now about S$1590. Hoping that the HK price can better that by at least 10%.

I heard the K20D in Hong Kong is reasonable cheap now.

Someone said that they bought it at HKD 6280, around 1150 SGD!

Body only, rt? Do you know where please? This is looking real good. ;p

xdivider,
Thanks for the info, will pass it on to my friend. Amazon's price is now about S$1590. Hoping that the HK price can better that by at least 10%.

Normally cheaper in Malaysia cos no GST there.

It seems that most of the shops cut the price after the release of GX20.

萬成 or 永成 or boardway should be similar price.

Thanks for the link.

So in HK, the suggested retail price is:
- HK$6990 (S$1288) K20D body only
- HK$7490 (S$1380) K20D with 18-55 ALII kit lens

If street price for body only is HK$6280 (S$1157), that's about a 10% discount off the official price.

From the postings on the price threads recently, I'm gonna wait a bit and see. The local shops might well be able to match the HK prices. Wooohooo! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.