Pentax Outing (26/07/08) Photos ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Although the weather wasn't great during the outing today, I'm sure most guys had quite some fun there :) We even had a new friend coming all the way from HK to join us :cool:

Let's share some photos from the outing and see what you got there :D

Here is the gang:

K20D7519_s.jpg

From left to right, back row: Marcus (otc), Matchz (From HK), Felix (felixcat8888), Chia (P3ntx), Sree (skypacker), Cheeleng (flowerpot), Denis (Creampuff)
front row: Bernard (hjbyeo), Zec (ishou80), Desmond (istDeS), Arthur (art2t2), Dan (danst), fengwei (fengwei)

Today got a chance to test the DA* 300mm F4, VERY GOOD len ...so sharp ...
it look very good on K10D ... Does K1OD produce better colour than K20 if raw is used ..

Intoxicated a bit by the len and still wondering if getting K20D worth it :think:

K10D output look quite impressive with the 300mm f4...:lovegrin:

There was pretty much no sunset to shoot today, the sky was pretty nice though. Here is a b&w version of the dull sunset:

K20D7593_sb.jpg

Seems you all had a great time! Too bad unable to join you all...:(
Do keep your afternoon's efforts coming...so many cameras there! As usual, please include a listing on who is who in the group photo.

BTW, if you look at Fengwei's t-shirt in the group shot, perhaps the best t-shirt design would have been one with the text and a picture of the classic K1000 hanging" in front from a strap...;)

Although the weather wasn't great during the outing today, I'm sure most guys had quite some fun there :) We even had a new friend coming all the way from HK to join us :cool:

Let's share some photos from the outing and see what you got there :D

Here is the gang:

K20D7519_s.jpg

2nd row: Marcus (otc), Matchz (From HK), Felix (felixcat8888?), Chia (P3ntx), ? (skypacker), Cheeleng (flowerpot), Denis (Creampuff)
1st row: Bernard (hjbyeo), Zec (ishou80), Desmond (istDeS), Arthur (art2t2), Dan (??), fengwei (fengwei)

Sorry If I spell the name wrongly and correct them accordingly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/fengwei/PentaxOuting26072008/K20D7519_s.jpg
2nd row: Marcus (otc), Matchz (From HK), Felix (felixcat8888?), Chia (P3ntx), ? (skypacker), Cheeleng (flowerpot), Denis (Creampuff)
1st row: Bernard (hjbyeo), Zec (ishou80), Desmond (istDeS), Arthur (art2t2), Dan (danst), fengwei (fengwei)

just updated;)

who took the group photo? very sharp!!

desmond - now i know your adopt this "praying mantis" pose :bsmilie: for macro shot. like the dualtone 'lollipop" shot of the mushroom!! :thumbsup:

FW - creative rendition of b&w of a "dull" sunset scene.

1st row: Bernard (hjbyeo), Zec (ishou80), Desmond (istDeS), Arthur (art2t2), Dan (??), fengwei (fengwei)

Thanks Zec. Updated the first post w/ nicks and names :)

who took the group photo? very sharp!!

desmond - now i know your adopt this "praying mantis" pose :bsmilie: for macro shot. like the dualtone 'lollipop" shot of the mushroom!! :thumbsup:

FW - creative rendition of b&w of a "dull" sunset scene.

I normally adopt this position and and i think i have not done the prone position for a long time.:bsmilie:

I normally adopt this position and and i think i have not done the prone position for a long time.:bsmilie:

Hahahahaha! This really isn't coming out right, you NORMALLY adopt this position?????? :bsmilie:

Hahahahaha! This really isn't coming out right, you NORMALLY adopt this position?????? :bsmilie:

:sweat::bsmilie: I meant when need to go down low to shoot subject that is ground level.

Good to catch-up with you guys. Pity I could not stay long because I had to attend a dinner.
Weather was uber dull and didn't get a chance to shoot much. Anyway these meet-ups are always fun. We must plan another one for the coming National Day holidays - the Istana perhaps?

From our meeting point
2705896250_bf4b1ebd4e_o.jpg

K20D DA 21mm Ltd

OK my silly attempt at a panning shot :bsmilie:
2705896472_68f8bb8d88_o.jpg

K20D FA 77mm Ltd

was pretty tired when i reach Labrador after the morning shoot and afternoon lunch wif my wife... din really try to shoot anything since i got no wide angle lens to begin with... realize a GND would be useful, anyway just bracket whatever shots and see what be savage :bsmilie:

339519139_VKzr4-O.jpg

339523404_PeyYL-O.jpg

Nice photos, especially the group photo:)

Unfortunately, my desktop is still down ..had some trouble cloning the drives..hopefully should be back online tomorrow so I can upload something. My laptop doesn't have the horsepower to do raw conversion of 14mp PEFs or PP.:sweat:

Looks like fun! Too bad I'm out of a camera till October...

Status
Not open for further replies.