Pentax original M42 to K mount adapter

bbleh

Jan 10, 2010
Hi all, is there any difference between the normal adapter and those coated with black metal alloy? Is it of better quality?
Thanks.

Hi all, is there any difference between the normal adapter and those coated with black metal alloy? Is it of better quality?
Thanks.

I have not come across an orignal Pentax M42 adapter coated black. Why would Pentax coat it as it's extra process and cost more. It comes in polished stainless steel.

Unless you are refering to 3rd party type, coating may hide the original material used.

can i ask if there are any difference between the original and 3rd party ? and what does it mean the adapter allows focus to infinity ? Does it mean those that cant your lens wont be able to focus to infinity ?

can i ask if there are any difference between the original and 3rd party ? and what does it mean the adapter allows focus to infinity ? Does it mean those that cant your lens wont be able to focus to infinity ?

I have two types of 3rd party adapter, left one is similar to the original while right one has a flange that supposedly prevents focusing to infinity since the lens is mounted 1mm further from the sensor. No idea since I've only used it with a M42 lensbaby and not a normal lens.

p107572371-4.jpg

I just bought an adapter yesterday it is exactly like the left one ,but i removed the spring catch as it make removing a real pain [scratched my k-7 lens mount trying to remove with the removal wrench ...:(] .
However i realised that i have to attach the adapter onto my body first before i attch my lens , if i attach it to my lens i can't attach it to my body , it just wont turn!​
I found out that if i tightened the adapter onto the lens, the adapter is too "short" and wont fully go into the k-7 mount thus not being able to turn it in . so everytime the lens is not fully screwed into the adapter but it is the k-7 mount that is pushing against the lens that is keeping it in ...also maybe this cause the focus metre and aperture marking to be facing downwards and i have to turn my camera to see it ...
sry for the long explanation just to check if anything is wrong maybe can get a new one ...​