Pentax or Canon??

Dormant

Sep 10, 2010
I had bought a Pentax K20D 3 weeks ago, but feel a bit regret and i dont know what the reason, maybe because of the brand??! K20D or Canon 500D? Shall i sell off my K20D?:dunno:

Why do you feel regret? Shouldn't you be out shooting? Your K20D will give you great pictures, easily on par with a 500D.

Or are you one of those people who does not care about taking great picures, does not want to learn and grow, and only wants to be associated with brands?

Or are you one of those people who does not care about taking great picures, does not want to learn and grow, and only wants to be associated with brands?

ouch! :sweatsm:

I had bought a Pentax K20D 3 weeks ago, but feel a bit regret and i dont know what the reason, maybe because of the brand??! K20D or Canon 500D? Shall i sell off my K20D?:dunno:

Pentax necklace not as nice as Nikon or Canon necklace?People look and treat u weirdly is it?

NEX before now 500D?

you need to shoot lor :nono:, not compare. If you compare, there's no end in buying and selling, 500d and 550d not that good IMHO.
Otherwise, sell the 20d to me. your not good enough for that camera...

Hi, If u compare with the one greater than yours, u lose, and if u compare with the one lower than yours, u win. There is no point in comparing.

Yeah. Canon and Pentax are both great cameras, either one will give you excellent results. There must be a reason that you do not like Pentax and you have to identify that reason. you would go into this cycle,

getting a Pentax... don't know why don't like (maybe because of brand), change to a Canon, then don't know why don't like (maybe more friends using other brand), change to a Nikon... and for some reasons (don't know what), don't like again, change to Olympus, then to Sony and finally back to square one - Pentax.

So why don't you just stick with Pentax, learn to shoot with it, learn your skills and techniques, upgrade your lens, and be happy with your hardware?

Pentax necklace not as nice as Nikon or Canon necklace?People look and treat u weirdly is it?

I am more used to winding the neck strape around my right hand. So it is Pentax bracelet not as nice as Nikon or Canon bracelet.:bsmilie:

Get used to it ardnirun, there are people who brought the white elephant not for use, but just to look nice, like they got a bigger gun and look like some richer higher class when going out. They use excuse like resale market might be smaller, scard current brand camera hard to sell when the camera actually has good spec when they are the one who need to improve.

there's your answer... probably your friends/acquaintances ask you what camera is that. When you tell them, you get strange looks?
So what?
Better ask yourself why you took up photography in the first place.

Another possible is rumour that spread to people who lack knowledge in the area. This is very common in the IT hardware area where people turn skeptic towards a certain brand when some lab test result and review is released and people who has lack of knowledge in the field read the review and pass judgement on the product.

My experience of such stuff with nothing related to camera:
I built my first PC using a Athlon XP processor which is cheaper, also with a good chipset and properly planned rig can easily out perform a intel P4 processor. I did a benchmark test with my PC and my friend P4 PC and the result is I won. He is unhappy with the result said that AMD processor are unreliable and very hot and my processor will slowly spoil and burned in a year. I used it for 3 years before deciding to upgrade... -_-"

I am more used to winding the neck strape around my right hand. So it is Pentax bracelet not as nice as Nikon or Canon bracelet.:bsmilie:

Get used to it ardnirun, there are people who brought the white elephant not for use, but just to look nice, like they got a bigger gun and look like some richer higher class when going out. They use excuse like resale market might be smaller, scard current brand camera hard to sell when the camera actually has good spec when they are the one who need to improve.

Well...should just concentrate more on the shooting uh....have brand-inferiority complex also not good....

funny topic la..thats all i gotta say...or maybe its funny perceptions...

there's your answer... probably your friends/acquaintances ask you what camera is that. When you tell them, you get strange looks?
So what?

If I had a cent every time someone did that when I'm shooting with my Pentax kakis... :rolleyes:

...I'd only be able to afford a packet of tissue. :bsmilie:

The first Japanese-built 35mm SLR was made by that brand ;)

If I had a cent every time someone did that when I'm shooting with my Pentax kakis... :rolleyes:

Yeah, the Sony users get the same "stigma". Until I show them what an A900 + CZ 135 can do... Or how convenient the fast AF liveview on the A550 with the tilting LCD is...

So let your pictures do the talking. :)

Because Canon is try on the RF industry for a long time.

wikipedia said:
The fledgling Japanese camera industry began to take off in 1936 with the Canon 35mm rangefinder, an improved version of the 1933 Kwanon prototype.

Yeah, the Sony users get the same "stigma". Until I show them what an A900 + CZ 135 can do... Or how convenient the fast AF liveview on the A550 with the tilting LCD is...

So let your pictures do the talking. :)

:nono:Don't bully people with FF and a CZ lens lea. Most starters can afford APS-* sensor with kit or slightly better than kit lens only...

I am selfish, and I dont recommend my favourite mee pok stall to anyone anymore. simply because my freind recommend it to their friends and i have to wait 1 hr in q to get the same noodle.

Same with THE BRAND, stop buying it....so many more people had join THE BRAND revolution and make the prime lens FA50mm F1.4 from $400 1 yr ago to $550 now.......:bsmilie:

;p;p;p

:nono:Don't bully people with FF and a CZ lens lea. Most starters can afford APS-* sensor with kit or slightly better than kit lens only...

That's why my normal walkabout is A550 with 16-105. :)

But there are people out there who have quite literally said that "If you want to shoot portraits, must get Canon" and that's when it's a good time to shut them up with pictures.

I don't care about what brand people shoot with. But ignorance annoys the cr@p out of me.

Last edited:
I thought you've asked this question before? :think:

All the camera brands have nice choices and can take good pictures.
All the brands have fine histories and triumphs/falls throughout their histories.
Not as well known is really such or just not well known to the uninformed? Tell the layman you use a Leaf camera, and they will tell you what "never hear before" brand is that?

Anyway, its up to you.
There is no wrong choice.
It is your own 心魔
and your own $$

Just go out and take more pictures. ;)

If you open any DSLR and see what lies near the viewfinder, most likely there is either pentaprism or pentamirror. Hey, the brand is there also.

So don't feel inferior, be proud of your gears.