Pentax MZ-S 35mm auto-Focus film SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixcat8888

May 8, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Guys,

Just asked MS for any film SLR they still carrying and one of them tried to sell me this:
51YB7PKX3PL._SS500_.jpg

for $1600.00 body only

If I'm not wrong, saw it on their display, the model they have is the silver-black colour. Between, it's a :thumbsup: camera.

But the price??!! Wah.. cannot justify ler.

Make sure you test the camera thoroughly, especially the light seals and electronics.
Better ask if there is still a warranty because the camera has been on their shelf for a long time. ;)

But the price??!! Wah.. cannot justify ler.

That was my first thought too... Might as well buy a K20D.
But then I realised I was in no position to comment, since all my film cameras are manual focus, I have no way of know the 'market rate' for AF film bodies.

I didn't know he actually convince the boss to sell at less than half the price. I remember seeing it on MS COlor's shelfs, all wrapped up.

I guess some of us here didn't really know the market (if there's one) for film SLRs (Pentax ones). Me included.

Personally, I won't pay more that much for a film camera, but that's me... :lovegrin:
Considering it was Pentax's top model and the number of frames that will go through it isn't going to be that high compared to digital, this camera might very well last a long time...

MZ-S is the top AF camera by Pentax, it's still selling for very good price on second hand market. A brand new black one can easily get over $600USD while a used one for $400USD or more. The silver one is not easy to come by, which also selling for slightly higher price. It's much better built than cameras like Z1, MZ3, MZ5 and etc. It also has some fancy features like change films on the go (you don't need to finish one roll when you wanna change another one), EXIF in print, wireless flash, 19 custom functions ...

You can see several black ones sold on eBay every month, but only one silver one in several years. That's why I want this one quite badly, especially a good condition one ;)

MZ-S is the top AF camera by Pentax, it's still selling for very good price on second hand market. A brand new black one can easily get over $600USD while a used one for $400USD or more. The silver one is not easy to come by, which also selling for slightly higher price. It's much better built than cameras like Z1, MZ3, MZ5 and etc. It also has some fancy features like change films on the go (you don't need to finish one roll when you wanna change another one), EXIF in print, wireless flash, 19 custom functions ...

You can see several black ones sold on eBay every month, but only one silver one in several years. That's why I want this one quite badly, especially a good condition one ;)

When you tire of it, i "take" over. hehe;)

When you tire of it, i "take" over. hehe;)

Sure, if you are still using Pentax by then ;)

I bought the silver FA limited set just for a nice silver camera body like this:

MZS_FALimited_Silver.jpg

Now who's gonna take my beautiful SuperPROGRAM :bsmilie:

Sure, if you are still using Pentax by then ;)

I bought the silver FA limited set just for a nice silver camera body like this:

MZS_FALimited_Silver.jpg

Now who's gonna take my beautiful SuperPROGRAM :bsmilie:

The 3 princess with the silver MZ-S sure look ;p and :cool:.

The 3 princess with the silver MZ-S sure look ;p and :cool:.

Sure they look beautiful, can't wait to have it in my hand ;)

Here is one of those photos I took w/ my previous black MZ-S (sold it in waiting for a silver one over a year ago, no process except cropping off the top part for better composition):

MZS-53_s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.