Pentax MX-1 Handson Review

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Got a preproduction of this camera a week ago, didn't get chance to shoot with it much, managed to played it foe a while. Took some photos of the new camera, and some photos w it too. I'll try to post some Handson review here in the next a few days, but might be slow due to busy work schedule and kids tuition.

Here I'll start with some photos of this beauty:

MX1_1s.jpg

MX1_2s.jpg

MX1_3s.jpg

MX1_4s.jpg

MX1_5s.jpg

MX1_is.jpg

Its battery is the same as one of the Sigma batteries which is used in Sigma DP series camera?

MX1_fs.jpg

The camera is pret compact, its height is about the same as an iPhone4's width, only a few mm wider than iPhone's height:

MX1_gs.jpg

Last edited:
I kinda jumped the gun on this, my apologies..

Last edited:
fengwei bro, you are just as fast as dpreview. international standard....

Sui Sui !! Some shots please Brother Feng Wei!

Got User setting on dial some more !

Last edited:
Wow! Finally!! Lucky I held back buying the 'other'!!!

Master FW, your pics are causing quite the stir in PF!

Thanks for the advance info on the camera Fengwei! Your first toy of the year :)
And of course, nothing is complete without the video presentation too :

Présentation du MX-1 - YouTube

Finally a serious compact from Pentax... Too bad no flash mount (or evf?)

But with so many to choose from in SG now, let's hope the marketing ppl have some creative ideas ^_^

fengwei said:
I'm afraid you'd want one immediately after I post some photos I took w/ this camera ;)

Haha, I can wait , no problem after learning from experience of Q10. that MX-1 ! Would probably available on our hands 3 months after release in Feb2013. But then you have a pre production unit?

My sister is waiting for this, she was looking at Q but the lens sticks out too much. This MX-1 with red leather stick on the front black leather would WOW.

MX1 has flip screen that is a useful feature

Last edited:
Nice looking camera, and what appears to be good specs too (backlit sensor and f1.8-2.5 lens).

I eagerly await the new cameras that the Pentax/Ricoh synergy brings.