Pentax Monthly Outing Organizers - Outing for Aug2013

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
Since its 2days away from Aug, lets start looking for ideas on what to shoot/do for Aug.

We'll also need a Pentax Organizer to lead this one, so just put down your name if you are able and also state if you already have some genre of shoot planned or are able to lead any type of outing

Oh, and even before the distro has it locally for us, I have a v1.0 firmware Pentax Q7 for those interested.

Last edited:
Don't know whether ubin has a place to stay over night, otherwise a trip there is interesting to me. Can go later afternoon for sunset, chitchat till sleep, then sunrise shot followed by macro or landscape.

Basic portrait lighting?

Will have to pay $20-25 ea for the model. (1-2hrs depending on model price)

Pls note that this is intended as a sharing session, not a OTOT, model shoot, but I'll cater in hands on time.

If we want free sessions, then can only dress up ourselves, bring the kids or gf or wife.
Nothing wrong with that too.

Ok.
I've asked Martini (poseur) to help get the models.

Before we commit, I need a show of hands on how many are interested.

The shoot will be 17Aug.
Sharing session starts at 9am.
Actual shoot/session is 10am-12pm.
Venue : Clark Quay (TBD) .

We will keep the fee to $20-$25.
Probably keep to 7max persons per model. (which is why I need a show of hands on this)

Current plan is for Martini to do sharing session for 1 group and I will do it for another group.
Other volunteers who know about portrait lighting is always welcome.

Edit :
Pls don't backout after committing.
We need to pay for the models (so pls don't 'sabo' us by signing up and then not turning up and worse, not paying :( )
Thanks

1. JK
2. Poseur

Last edited:
Ok.

The shoot will be 17Aug.

Probably keep to 7max persons per model. (which is why I need a show of hands on this)

Current plan is for Martini to do sharing session for 1 group and I will do it for another group.

1. JK
2. Poseur
3. Felix (Will try utmost best to appear as daughter having PSLE this year and prelims are in Aug/Sep)

Last edited:
Ok.

The shoot will be 17Aug.

1. JK
2. Poseur
3. Felix
4. Ranchy

Nice initiative, JK. Pity I can't join you guys if it's on Sat :(

FW, sorry for this, I am generally better off using the Sat than Sun.

interesting outing :)

Last edited:
Ok.

The shoot will be 17Aug.

1. JK
2. Poseur
3. Felix
4. Ranchy
5. lensk

1. JK
2. Poseur
3. Felix
4. Ranchy
5. lensk
6. Greg0222

If got 2 or more models, will there be a rotation of models for each group of shooters as per what the photoshoot organizers normally do?

If got 2 or more models, will there be a rotation of models for each group of shooters as per what the photoshoot organizers normally do?

If we have 12 committed person to join this outing. we can hire 2 model. N rotate the group after 1 hr each. To keep it interest ing the 2 model should be in different theme/outfit.

Could not join u because have to work on Saturday

should make a commitment fee by paying up say 1 week before the actual date, so organisers will not be unduly burden by last minit cancellation. Anyway, its a small fee and also our to show our appreciation and support for the organisers.

marcus

Frankly, I'm a bit afraid that this outing is going to TANK.
Seems like the takeup is slow or not much people interested.

Pls commit early by mid of this week.
Its really hard to make last minute model bookings and payment.

ATM, we have enough ppl for 1 model and a small group of 6 (not a bad thing too).

Those who want to learn about taking better photos of your family/friends or even later "sideline as a photographer" a bit, should make the effort to come.

Following up on what I said.
This is a practical aspect to all this (not just shoot pretty girls)

Recently I had to sign up as parent volunteer.
And boy is it tough on personal time/leave.
Some days, its 1 day leave just to clock 2-3 hrs volunteer hrs.
We ned 60hrs, so go figure how many days leave I'd need to use within a year.

But, I managed to hustle in as photographer and spend some more meaningful leave time as well as clocking more hrs within a day.
Not to mention that I think the lovely children deserve more than just photos from a GWC.

9433429698_5934729ae5_c.jpg

9430659037_23741e4d87_c.jpg

9433428216_d109c89131_c.jpg

9430657635_384ca76000_c.jpg

Imagine that these shots can be done for your daughter/son/wife, mother, father, girlfriend, etc.
Get something just a little bit better than just shoot with camera.

Yes, this is the sort of practical usage I'm talking about and where a sharing session like this will be ultimately useful to whoever is interested.

Last edited:

ATM, we have enough ppl for 1 model and a small group of 6 (not a bad thing too).

Those who want to learn about taking better photos of your family/friends or even later "sideline as a photographer" a bit, should make the effort to come.
I don't want to register early cause afraid will miss it again. However, understand that we need to firm up early for arrangement so I'll join. Will be back to Singapore on 15 Aug only so need to know the bank account to transfer money for the fee.

Thank you all for your arrangement.

1. JK
2. Poseur
3. Felix
4. Ranchy
5. lensk
6. Greg0222
7. Chipvn

I want to join, but I only have DA15mm lens left. Of course I have Q10 n 01,03,06 lens but Q10 can't sync w lighting set up. Anyone could loan me a portrait lens at the outing as I still have my Kr body.