Pentax Monthly Outing - Mar 2014 - The Drought - Photo Taking and Sharing

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

I know JK is organizing a trip to JB on 30 Mar. But many guys probably can't go there on that day. Here I'm starting this thread so to just make another monthly outing attempt, and hope more guys can participate.

This round we'd have some changes. We won't have an official gathering, but of course you are welcome to form smaller groups of your own to go out and shoot together. But we'd have a theme for this month's outing, it's the DROUGHT in Singapore.

Yes, we know the drought is the worst in the past 150 years, and seems it's getting worse everyday. I feel very sad when I see those dry grass lands and dying trees. Hopefully the rain will come back to our little dot soon.

But meantime let's go out and record the drought with our Pentax/Ricoh or any camera, and hopefully we'd let more people see that we can't just take whatever we have for granted.

The time frame will be from now (or earlier if you have already taken some related photos) until end of the month. Please post your photos as often and as many as you want here.

Thanks for your participation and happy shooting.

Thanks Frank for opening this thread. I've just recently taken few shoot with my film camera so properly I could contribute the first photo here.

This should be green at Botanic Garden in this frame I think! :(

Where is my Water?

Mz-3 | FA 43Ltd | Ektar 100​

This is my share:
IMGP8849_zpsd02ae4c1.jpg

Telok Blangah Hill

Everton park roof garden, I think they cut off the water supply.

Looks like that my photo still has too much green! :)

Mz-3 | 43Ltd | Kodak Ektar 100​

Thanks Frank for opening this thread. I've just recently taken few shoot with my film camera so properly I could contribute the first photo here.

This should be green at Botanic Garden in this frame I think! :(

Where is my Water?

Mz-3 | FA 43Ltd | Ektar 100​

Looks like that my photo still has too much green! :)

Mz-3 | 43Ltd | Kodak Ektar 100​

Still shooting film? That's like ages ago to me ... Nice result btw :)

this is the anti-dote for drought:bsmilie:

still can find this in botanical garden, morning dew.

marcus

It's good to see something is still wet :)

Everton park roof garden, I think they cut off the water supply.

That's sad. But I guess it's true in a lot places now.

Woah. Great shot Ken. The colours and detail are amazing. Thanks!!

Still shooting film? That's like ages ago to me ... Nice result btw :)
Thanks Frank! Yeah, still shooting film for some reasons! One of the main is that's the only current Pentax way make my FA Limited trio behave as they should be! :(

Last edited:
Dry dead leaves everywhere...

Mangrove Pitta by kengoh8888, on Flickr

Beautiful shot as usual :thumbsup:

Thanks Frank! Yeah, still shooting film for some reasons! One of the main is that's the only current Pentax way make my FA Limited trio behave as they should be! :(

I know what you mean. Don't worry, I'm sure Pentax/Ricoh is gonna do something about our FA limited lenses - w/ some FF cameras by this year? - sorry I haven't heard anything yet, just guessing.

Seems the drought is finally over. But I'm sure our dry lands won't recover very soon. Hope more guys can go out taking more photos and share here.

Not yesterday or today though. Raining like cats and dogs. Still raining like that even now.
Ha ha ... Not true, Felix! This one was taken yesterday morning right at the first heavy rain. :) Still can shoot with my little GR! ;)

The Long waiting Rain ...

Sorry, don't know if this photo can be considered as part of the drought (ending) theme or not!

Last edited:
Ha ha ... Not true, Felix! This one was taken yesterday morning right at the first heavy rain. :) Still can shoot with my little GR! ;)

The Long waiting Rain ...

Sorry, don't know if this photo can be considered as part of the drought (ending) theme or not!

It is the "after" portion of the drought

Took this on Saturday:D

13239664714_f2daca80a9_h.jpg