Pentax Monthly Outing - Aug 2014 - Open for suggestions ....

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi Guys,

It's time for our outing again. There are a lot things going on this month, I wonder if we should go for one of the events (night festival, garden festival ...), or just go somewhere quieter so we can have fun ourselves.

Any suggestions?

Hi Guys,

It's time for our outing again. There are a lot things going on this month, I wonder if we should go for one of the events (night festival, garden festival ...), or just go somewhere quieter so we can have fun ourselves.

Any suggestions?

Help you list down with the one you suggest:
1. Night Festival - Fri 22 & Sat 23 Aug | Fri 29 & Sat 30 Aug (night)
2. Garden Festical - 16-24 August, so available for choosing.
3. Fireworks of NDP
4. Macro...

That's all i could add. :p

If it's 24th, I can make it.

Garden festival sounds good to me.
Can go in the flower dome for about $11 with safra card.
Enjoy taking flowers in aircon :)

Hi,

1. Night Festival - Fri 22 & Sat 23 Aug | Fri 29 & Sat 30 Aug (night)- Seems the best to me among all, the night lights at bras brasah and the performance at National Museum.
2. Garden Festical - 16-24 August, so available for choosing.- Went before, does not seems interesting to me.
3. Fireworks of NDP- Good but may need good PP to get a decent fireworks photo.
4. Macro...- Would love to if everyone wanted to.

Hi,

1. Night Festival - Fri 22 & Sat 23 Aug | Fri 29 & Sat 30 Aug (night)- Seems the best to me among all, the night lights at bras brasah and the performance at National Museum.
2. Garden Festival - 16-24 August, so available for choosing.- Went before, does not seems interesting to me.

Nights Festival looks like most appealing to me as there's a variety of sight & sound activities clustered around the Arts enclave of Armenian St, Bras Basah, National Museum & a Festival village with food & drinks @ Cathay Green.

I will be doing up a small outing for macro at yishun park, So this month outing we will put as nights festival i guess? so we will have more options to choose..

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone is keen at the following event: http://pbp.sph.com.sg/mpmw/

It's held at singapore turf club on 24 Aug from 2pm - 5pm.

I have sign up for it as we don't get to shoot horse racing on race days ..so thought of sharing with all. Would be nice to see pentaxians there :)

2. Garden Festical - 16-24 August, so available for choosing.- Went before, does not seems interesting to me.
5. F1 Light Up the Night Carnival 16th Aug 2pm-10pm - From Stunt driving to Super car to F1 car photos to Vintage cars to ....for Free
http://sianightrace.com/light-up-the-night-carnival.php#.U-SR4YCSwbo

I vote for Macro, just got a FA100WR second hand! Time to test it !

Edit: looking at the rain past few days, is there indoor macro places?

Last edited:
The Flower Dome at GBTB is really nice imo.
One can take photos at leisure w/o worry of rain or hot weather.
Easily takes up half a day if not more finding the ideal subjects and angles.

Shots taken there during the tulip festival earlier in the year.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29329237@N07/13926468056/ by jenkwang, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29329237@N07/13931525453/ by jenkwang, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29329237@N07/13951352592/ by jenkwang, on Flickr

Its about $11 entry with SAFRA card

Can we have more outing? I don't mind small ones. I am interested in most of the suggestions here. I can spend one day during each weekend. I am not so familiar with all these places, but would love to join if any one propose.

The Flower Dome at GBTB is really nice imo.
One can take photos at leisure w/o worry of rain or hot weather.
Easily takes up half a day if not more finding the ideal subjects and angles.

Hi JK,
I agree to that for flower macro shoot (minus the insects).
The foreseen issue is the crowd on weekends....unless weekday macro shoot....

Hi JK,
I agree to that for flower macro shoot (minus the insects).
The foreseen issue is the crowd on weekends....unless weekday macro shoot....

If this is not the outing venue, I might go during the weekdays.
Let me know if you are interested.

If this is not the outing venue, I might go during the weekdays.
Let me know if you are interested.

The whole of this week they will be having the Garden Festival..... good and bad..... will have plenty of flowers to shoot..... but will have plenty of crowd to fight with.... last I heard at least 15000 (locals) or so heading to the garden festival.... those special arrange tour to the festival.... adding the tourist.... :confused:

The whole of this week they will be having the Garden Festival..... good and bad..... will have plenty of flowers to shoot..... but will have plenty of crowd to fight with.... last I heard at least 15000 (locals) or so heading to the garden festival.... those special arrange tour to the festival.... adding the tourist.... :confused:

Thanks for the info.
Probably expected with the crowds.

Can bring insect?

:D