Pentax Macro Manual Lens - Which one would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
Just want to get your views on the M100mm f4, M50mm f4. Or any other recommendations you've for a manual macro.

It'll be good if you can share with the members here where the "Lobangs" are... Thanks!

Manual focus macro lens, I'd suggest you to get the A*200/4 macro, A100/2.8 macro or A50/2.8 macro. It's alot easier to use an A lens (has an A setting on the aperture ring) when shooting macros.

Of course you can try the M100/4 and 50/4. As to which one is better, depends on what you plan to shoot at. For bugs, better choose a longer lens. For flowers, a 50mm lens would be enough. For product shots, I prefer 50mm, but I can live with a 100mm macro lens for production shots too.

There is no bad macor lens, all macro lenses are excellent. Just choose whatever focal length suits you the best. But I do suggest to at least get an A lens :)

Quick, see here and go contact seller... Very affordable PKA mount.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographer-s-marketplace/19304-fs-sigma-50mm-f2-8-macro-lens-95-a.html

Don't waste time with the M series as getting the right exposure can be a hit or miss affair. Stick with the PKA mount lenses and you get to shoot in every exposure mode (Av is very useful for macros).

i think already sold out...

The prices are just JAW-DROPPING... Some even more expensive than the DFA!!

Thanks for the reply... Closing Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.