Pentax K7/Kx & Tamron 17-50 f2.8 Combination

juchua

Jul 14, 2006
On a tight budget, considering to get the K7 Body with Tamron 17-50 f2.8 Combination. Any of the Pentaxian here have pictures for this combination to share?

Sorry, I only have a 28-75. You might want to check this out in the Sigma/Tamron sub-forum. There should be many sample photos there. Check out Flickr as well.

Sorry, I only have a 28-75. You might want to check this out in the Sigma/Tamron sub-forum. There should be many sample photos there. Check out Flickr as well.

digress abit..

just out of curiosity, do you find 28-75mm versatile for walkaround shooting?
doesnt seem to be wide enough for daily shoots.
do you have to change to a wider lens often?

On a tight budget, considering to get the K7 Body with Tamron 17-50 f2.8 Combination. Any of the Pentaxian here have pictures for this combination to share?

I know someone who has this combi but she does not log in here often though. Nick is snapsnapwong . . .

i think darren has this lens, but he doesn't have k-7 or k-x. he only has k20d like me. :bsmilie:

dunno why u want pics of the camera with the lens mounted ? :dunno:
i never choose how good the combination looks when buying things... :bsmilie:

jokes aside, no i dun have this lens, then why am i writing all this...

simple, pics quality is top notch for the price you pay for it, built quality is not... so i know this lens won't last long in my rough hands, especially when im jousting for place when shooting xmm.... so i dun have it... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I have it. K-x with the mentioned lens. Quite like it. U can check my Flickr on the HDB landscape I took, using 17-50 2.8 Tammy.

i think darren has this lens, but he doesn't have k-7 or k-x. he only has k20d like me. :bsmilie:

I do, but it's not with me in the US. Anyway, I've used it with my K100DS before upgrading to K20D. Are you asking for pictures of or from the K-7 + 17-50 combo?

dunno why u want pics of the camera with the lens mounted ? :dunno:
i never choose how good the combination looks when buying things... :bsmilie:

I do. Large lenses are out of favour once you've played with the pancakes. :bsmilie:

digress abit..

just out of curiosity, do you find 28-75mm versatile for walkaround shooting?
doesnt seem to be wide enough for daily shoots.
do you have to change to a wider lens often?

For walk arounds, I find 28mm-50mm to be good enough, but there will certainly be times I need wider to cover vistas or interiors. Thats where the 10-20mm comes in anyway.

... so i know this lens won't last long in my rough hands, especially when im jousting for place when shooting xmm.... so i dun have it... :bsmilie:

Wah, I thought you always baby your gear with gaffer tape and all... hmmm, never thought shoot XMM can get very rough... :bsmilie:

This is my main kit lens on my k10d and then my k-x.
Go for it... it has work well for me.
Also get a cheap manual 50mm SMC lens to play with... you will not regret it.

It lacks a bit of the vibrant 3D colours of the SMC which I get from my 50mm f1.4.

why would you want OS when you have in-body stabilisation?

Heard that the OS in lens is better than pentax in body IS ?:dunno:

But mainly is the HSM that im interested in, also this lens uses the new sigma muti coating and their FLD glass ,so wondering if IQ will be as good or better than the tamron...
Still waiting for it and some reviews to come out ...

juz to update if you intend to buy from SLR R. i bought the last copy just now. According to Ray, next shipment will take some time.

Heard that the OS in lens is better than pentax in body IS ?:dunno:

i think if the price difference between OS and non OS is too much, it is not worth it.

anyways, no one has done real conclusive tests, the things i have heard is that in-lens stabilisation is more effective for longer focal lengths.