Jul 5, 2011
Woodlands
Hi all,

Look like Pentax K5 is discontinued??? you can google :bigeyes:
And price for K5 body in SG web store is ~1600sgd :sweat:

Hi all,

Look like Pentax K5 is discontinued??? you can google :bigeyes:
And price for K5 body in SG web store is ~1600sgd :sweat:

The earlier price reduction was due to GSS, now gone back to normal price . . . and price now includes GST, earlier pricing on web page did not include GST.

On the official Pentax web pages from Japan and USA, there is no mention of the K5 being "discontinued". . .

Last edited:
fengwei said:
K5 is almost 2 years old, time for something new I guess.

Uh oh.... "somebody" has spoken... ;P

Err Dunn think so leh. What is the model that is better than k5 now? They won't discontinue their socalled flagship model without having released an improved model.

Yeah but i was just getting used to it mate :|

there's actually no reason to upgrade if your K5 is working fine and delivery good pictures for you :)

i, for one, would probably not upgrade to the new aps-c flagship if it only offers more megapixels, marginally better AF and focus peaking - i have no need for these features.

Yeah me too. I am more than happy with what I can achieve with K5.

there's actually no reason to upgrade if your K5 is working fine and delivery good pictures for you :)

i, for one, would probably not upgrade to the new aps-c flagship if it only offers more megapixels, marginally better AF and focus peaking - i have no need for these features.

Yes, I agree.

But that said, Pentax has made it quite difficult for people to say "no" since I used the K100D. I'm sure even if the K-5 users won't upgrade, the K-7 users who have held on will find a reason to upgrade, from past experience! :)

Previous model was K7, current is K5, now it will be K3? or will pentax be releasing full frame soon?

I fear if pentax release FF then most of the DA lens would be incompatible. I dont know how good the ones compatible would perform.

umar911 said:
I fear if pentax release FF then most of the DA lens would be incompatible. I dont know how good the ones compatible would perform.

Many pple have been sitting on FA lenses and yearning for FF to come... The 3 FA Princesses on a FF K-mount DSLR = many users' dream come true.

The dfa100mm wr is FF compatible too.

Status
Not open for further replies.