Pentax K5 is discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear if pentax release FF then most of the DA lens would be incompatible. I dont know how good the ones compatible would perform.

Don't worry so much.

1. DA Lenses should still be usable on a FF camera. Its just cropped.
2. DA lenses are still good lenses regardless :D
3. Quite a few of the DA lenses cover the 36x24mm image circle (eg. DA40; 35; 50)
4. Those that don't cover full FF image circle, still cover a bit over APS-C, so imagine using the DA70 at about 1.3 or 1.2 crop to yank out that bit more DOF control. (provided the camera has an option not to auto-crop ); The extreme may not be that good, but for many shots, they are not that important.

My interest is perked by Benjamin Karnek's comments that he 'smells' a Pentax APS-C with proprietary sensor algo that will out resolve anything current.
If it really happens, then it will be a hard choice between APS-C and FF for me. :D
(my fear is that I end up with both :D )

Last edited:
The current prices is much higher compare to other countries.

Waiting for the next promotion or buy from other countries.

felixcat8888 said:
Most times it has always been lower than elsewhere

I guess elsewhere includes only North America and South East Asia. ;-) Anyway, I wasn't talking about Pentax only.

For K5, US:889 usd, China:5800RMB, Hk:5400HKD. They are not in GSS. :)

But when k5 is 1st launch , singapore: sgd 1650 US: usd 1600 Who Cheaper ?

err..i wanna buy now...

Only warranty make sense...Plus all the rest, i able to save 500SGD if i buy K5+DA21 from other countries..

I guess that we can always find a better deal overseas for many items. Google the price of a equivalent TV model in the USA vs what we pay locally, We pay much more locally. Thus, if you feel that the cost savings generated vs the inherent risks buying overseas is worth it. Then you should go ahead. Otherwise it will be better to buy locally.

That's why i said only warranty is the concern. But is it a big deal? Check it out the MarketPlace in this forum.
For normal consumer like me, the biggest concern always the lower price. Only the distributor or Vendor wanna to have higher selling price.
So sad for Pendax in SG..

Only warranty make sense...Plus all the rest, i able to save 500SGD if i buy K5+DA21 from other countries..

Everyone's 'abacus' is different. :D
If it works out for you, let us know :)

haha, are you two guys from distributor? can i get discount price from u? Give me a pm...;)

I really wanna buy K5. I went through the whole Funan, but did not have a chance to touch the K5..so sad...

langkeyun1 said:
I really wanna buy K5. I went through the whole Funan, but did not have a chance to touch the K5..so sad...

why not consider the k30? price is really good and brand new model.

langkeyun1 said:
That's why i said only warranty is the concern.

All Pentax cameras I was interested so far had a worldwide warranty anyway like Olympus. I thought that hasn't changed.

poseur said:
why not consider the k30? price is really good and brand new model.

Actually, I think the K-30 is much nicer. Played with it in Japan, I love the fast live-view.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.