Pentax K3 -Probably the most advanced APS-C DSLR is launched!

Just some questions :

1. Does the red button trigger the video recording instantaneously? Or I need to put the switch to video mode then press the red button for video recording?
2. Previously the trash can button is to delete the photo/video. But now its changed to something like for metering purpose. Actually what is it for? The switch on the left top side no longer slide to the 3 metering modes?

Thanks. =)

RE 2, I suspect its to change the metering mode with the wheel.

If you notice, K5 has the metering mode where the lock is as a switch. And you won't be deleting things in shooting mode. :)

have not been so excited about pentax dslr for quite some time already lol

really exciting news :D

I didn't want to cut into Fengwei's thread even though this question is probably better asked there.

What is the bottom right button that looks like select AF point? You press it before select AF? If so, that's certainly a good thing, I'm getting tired of pressing OK button and holding it..

You mean the 4-drectional & 1<->2 button?
From Image-Resource:
There's also a brand-new button at the bottom right of the corner. As I've already alluded to, the Pentax K-3 has dual flash card slots, and this button is used in Playback mode to switch between the two, letting you choose from which card to view images and movies. In Record mode, the same button is used to toggle the Four-way controller between its primary and secondary functions -- either the functions marked on each of the four arrow buttons, or autofocus point selection. (If you're using 27-point autofocus, the button doesn't do anything in Record mode.)

You mean the 4-drectional & 1<->2 button?
From Image-Resource:
There's also a brand-new button at the bottom right of the corner. As I've already alluded to, the Pentax K-3 has dual flash card slots, and this button is used in Playback mode to switch between the two, letting you choose from which card to view images and movies. In Record mode, the same button is used to toggle the Four-way controller between its primary and secondary functions -- either the functions marked on each of the four arrow buttons, or autofocus point selection. (If you're using 27-point autofocus, the button doesn't do anything in Record mode.)

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm caught between selling my NEX system to upgrade from my K5 to this or getting more lenses for my D700 :(

Dear PhilipKr35, i will not order only 1, but as much as i can get my hands on cos its by allocation. Once have will announce...

thank you for your interest!!

Wah!!! The silver one is a beauty beyond words and the heart skips a bit with every glance!
Mr Khaw ! Can you order the silver one set for me ???

Drool worthy... ok what do I do with with my current K-5IIs?

Keep the K5iis. It's still good. I do hope to grab one silver version if it is available here. Woots.

Sliver one really look tempting sia

Drool worthy... ok what do I do with with my current K-5IIs?

Sell off let others use it since whatever K5 IIs could do, the K3 could do the same. Unless u need two DSLR s.

Dear PhilipKr35, i will not order only 1, but as much as i can get my hands on cos its by allocation. Once have will announce... thank you for your interest!!

Mr Khaw, we depend on you to fight for more units in Singapore!!! You can quote a list pre orders if you need!

Mr Khaw, we depend on you to fight for more units in Singapore!!! You can quote a list pre orders if you need!

Anyone want to start a preorder list....... keekekeke......

its better not to expose names for privacy purposes. so far i have 7 names already who PM me.

just Pm me would be best. i'll keep you guys on the list and announce who to go to for it.

Anyone want to start a preorder list....... keekekeke......

its better not to expose names for privacy purposes. so far i have 7 names already who PM me. just Pm me would be best. i'll keep you guys on the list and announce who to go to for it.

Wow !! That's fast !
If 2000 pcs. To be divided equally in regions
Japan,China, SEA+Taiwan, South Asia , UK, France, Germany, US, Canada!

222 each region, SEA 222/8= 27 each country.
But then if multiply that by sales volume % for SEA+Taiwan...mmmmhhh, got a little chance still,...

Haha day dreaming market research.

Price is out. note that these are just RCP, NOT Street Price.

k3 18-55wr - $1,699
k3 SILVER Body+Grip+xtra Batt - $2,099 (extremely limited)
k3 18-135WR - $2,159

stocks should be in mid Nov. Will announce when its almost in and which dealer to get from

Price is out. note that these are just RCP, NOT Street Price.

k3 18-55wr - $1,699
k3 SILVER Body+Grip+xtra Batt - $2,099 (extremely limited)
k3 18-135WR - $2,159

stocks should be in mid Nov. Will announce when its almost in and which dealer to get from

seems like good prices. :)