Pentax K200D discontinued in the Japanese market

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Pentax doesn't want to have a 3 model lineup in order to reduce product feature overlap. In a way it makes sense to segment into an entry model and a serious amateur/semi-pro models. Anyway entry models nowadays have so much features that cameras of the past never had.

That's bad. I feel the k200d is more robust and better than k-m. It doesn't make sense to get the k-m over the k200d for the same price.

Wow! Discontinued already? That's pretty fast. Hope a new model will come in soon so we can retire the K20D too :bsmilie:

Eagerly waiting for the k30d or a k1d. Hope the LCD can match those on the nikons and the built further improved. And the AF!!!

Well where the hell is the K-M ? Malaysia and other countries are already selling them. :thumbsd:

Think they need to clear the remaining stocks for the K200D, else how to sell either one, dunno how to price the K200D and the k-m if i were shriro .. :bsmilie:

Is it ? Then confirm I go buy in KL liao hehe. Selling about RM1900+ kit from what I heard in KL.

If you need it badly, just go buy there. Here probably have to wait a long while more.

:cry:

Last edited:
So they stopped making it for a couple of days, and see the demand is still there, then reopened the product line again :bsmilie:

Yeah!! :lovegrin:
Makes sense.
The K-m for newbies.
The K200D for the budget sensitive amatuer
The K20D for those who want the best.
Hopefully this is the reason. Its also possible they realise they have too much ex-stock of the K200D and want to clear them first...:think:

Did you notice even the compact's lineup has been trimmed?
I think this is their way to trim operating cost by focussing on their more popular models rather than spread their support and technical resources too thin.

I think Pentax just need to get the pricing right. The have the products line up but pricing is like haywire. Until price of the K-M is eating into the K200D area, and price drop of the K20D is not reflected in other countries other than the US. :thumbsd:

Pricing seems to be an issue with Pentaxians mostly because we tend to compare prices. But if we take it from a newbie perspective, the pricing is still attractive against simiar-class cameras of other more popular brands.
What Pentax lacks is effective advertising, visibility and accessibility. :)

I think Pentax just need to get the pricing right. The have the products line up but pricing is like haywire. Until price of the K-M is eating into the K200D area, and price drop of the K20D is not reflected in other countries other than the US. :thumbsd:

Not really. Price for K20D has been dropped quite bit in almost every country except here in SG. Check the price in UK, Germany, China, JP ... You can get K20D brand new w/ one year warranty in China for 5150RMB (1140SGD).

Not really. Price for K20D has been dropped quite bit in almost every country except here in SG. Check the price in UK, Germany, China, JP ... You can get K20D brand new w/ one year warranty in China for 5150RMB (1140SGD).

Ya prices is like dropping in quite a number of countries except SG.
Dun really understand y its always like that... Last time K10D, K100D oso the same thing...
US is only selling K20D brand new for 727USD (1112SGD)...

Status
Not open for further replies.