Pentax K10D or K100D or other dSLR print out quality is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbang

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Wonder do u all really print out or keep in harddisk ?
Does print out quality same as film ? or one glance u know the photo is captured by dSLR ?
which pentax body is better option ?
Thanks.

nobody actually print out and only view by computer monitor ?

For best print out results, you need a mid or big frame film camera (645 or 6x7). The latest dSLR cameras can achieve the quality of 35mm film camera's quality for print out I think.

As to K100D vs K10D for print out, of course K10D is better. It has 25% more pixels along each side. Higher resolution helps to get better detailed bigger print out.

Of course it's the one behind the camera who makes good (or bad) photos ;)

I myself view most my photos on monitors only, but I do print out once in a while. The max size I printed so far is 8x11". Don't think I'd ever print out anything bigger at the moment.

As to K100D vs K10D for print out, of course K10D is better. It has 25% more pixels along each side. Higher resolution helps to get better detailed bigger print out.

i tot i read everywhere that it depends on the print out size? if print up to A4, there is actually no different between a 6MP and 10MP.....can clarify?

assume everything being equal.
am i right to say that picture taken by digital camera look good on computer monitor ?
only actual print out will show true result.

have been waiting for dSLR from the D*, till now, K10D.
is my wait over ?

am i right to say that picture taken by digital camera look good on computer monitor ?

is my wait over ?

No, you can keep waiting, while we'd enjoy the D, Ds, DL, K100D and now the K10D;)

is my wait over ?

You're right, basically.

A shot with a one-megapixel camera would look ok on a computer monitor - it's amazing that the camera industry has persuaded hundreds of thousands of people all over the world (and that includes me) to spend millions of dollars on high-spec cameras, which they then use mostly to view pics on their computer, or in small prints done in that instant photo place just round the corner!

Uncropped, even a 3- or 4-megapixel shot looks fine on an A4 print.

It's when you crop and then print to A4, or blow up to A3, that the differences start to show.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.