Pentax K100D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good information, but these seems to make the buyer more confused?

I know the feeling...before you want to make a major purchase, most will want to do some research. After that, you make up your mind. Of course there are some who basically got lost in their own decision making matrix...too much logic. One guy came here asking about pentax, but after weeks of pointless comparisons over the smallest of issues, he suddenly jumped to another platform. Was a bit disappointed because I was sure he would be "pentaxed" :bsmilie: Thankfully the majority are more decisive. so the reviews should help....:D

I definitely want Pentax.

Only a matter of time.

Unless I delay so long until got super zai DSLR from other brand come out. =D

Anyone here actively using a rangefinder to shoot?

Is it just me or the K digital series are not designed like normal dSLRs, other than the weight?

Feels kinda weird when looking through the viewfinder. My hands feel uncomfortable!

Hrmph, all the reviews I've seen have not mentioned anything about problems with the grip, etc.

Hehe.

Should be just me then... Have not touched an SLR camera for a long time since I got the rangefinder.

Anyone here actively using a rangefinder to shoot?

Is it just me or the K digital series are not designed like normal dSLRs, other than the weight?

Feels kinda weird when looking through the viewfinder. My hands feel uncomfortable!

I'm still using my Bessa R but will probably unload em off soon.

I don't see any difference between Pentax DSLR and other DSLRs. All bloody small viewfinder compared to the old school cameras.

I am about to pull the trigger on either a K10 or K100. I do like the K10 alot but the only thing that's holding me back is the in-cam JPEG processing. Reviews had mentioned that it produces soft jpeg which requires post sharpening. I just want to know whether newer firmware has resolve the issue?

I am about to pull the trigger on either a K10 or K100. I do like the K10 alot but the only thing that's holding me back is the in-cam JPEG processing. Reviews had mentioned that it produces soft jpeg which requires post sharpening. I just want to know whether newer firmware has resolve the issue?

changing the default settings will resolve the issue. (image tone to "bright")

Wa, meaning the things will come out sharp? ie. no issues like those mentinoed in all the review sites? Really?!

$300 difference, with a lot more things that you might need in the future along with size. Looks like I might actually up my budget to allow for K10D.

if I had hold back on my K100D purchase for a month or so... I'd get the K10D blindfold.

up your budget lah.

Here's a testing I just did with default setting, image tone bright and raw on K10D. You can judge for yourself.;)

Original image
testf.jpg

Default setting (100% cropped)
testo.jpg

Image tone bright (100% cropped)
testb.jpg

Raw (100% cropped)
testr.jpg

Mmm, does look slightly improved.

But the sharpening problem is no issue if I shoot RAW in the first place right. Main factor now is size. And of course, K10D a lot more rugged. Hehe.

1 of the main reason I got K10D is for weatherseal. I normally go out shoot macros or plants. Out of 5 trips to SBG, 3 I kenna rain.:confused: Just paying that $300+ to save trouble and that 4 more MP does help:bsmilie:

1 of the main reason I got K10D is for weatherseal. I normally go out shoot macros or plants. Out of 5 trips to SBG, 3 I kenna rain.:confused: Just paying that $300+ to save trouble and that 4 more MP does help:bsmilie:
Mmm.

And other features right? Care to highlight what exactly they are? As in, I know a bit about DSLR, but a long of things I still don't know la. Mainly more familiar with the functions that prosumer cams might have already.

But Pentax really damn worth it, you look at the specs and the price. It should be more popular than it is here, really. =D

Mmm.

And other features right? Care to highlight what exactly they are? As in, I know a bit about DSLR, but a long of things I still don't know la. Mainly more familiar with the functions that prosumer cams might have already.

But Pentax really damn worth it, you look at the specs and the price. It should be more popular than it is here, really. =D

Other features you ask old bird like fengwei, Vulpix0r, etc. It's already more porpular. Before it was released, on ebay you can get a vintage less at 20-50+% cheaper.

K10D has a lot better Shake Reduction
K10D has alot better viewfinder
K10D has alot faster AF speed
K10D has alot bigger buffer
K10D is alot more responsive
K10D is alot better built w/ weather sealing
K10D uses Lion battery which is alot more reliable
.... ...
K10D has so many other features that K100D doesn't have, and it's just $300 more than K100D. You'd be insane if you choose K100D over K10D if buy new :)
.... ...

I've gone through the detour (Ds->K10D->K100D->K10D), hope you won't make the same mistake.

If you get the dual kit lens (18-55 + 50-200), I'm willing to buy off the 50-200 from you. :)
Please read my pm.

... I've gone through the detour (Ds->K10D->K100D->K10D)...
We, the insane group of K100D loyalists, have lost a member :cry:

I'm still with K100D for its power source simplicity... simple AA alkaline batteries will work when rechargeable ones have gone dead while out in a place with no power mains :)

Status
Not open for further replies.