Pentax K10 or 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik34

Aug 30, 2007
AMK Singapore
Hi to all,i'm new here.
seriously i'm thinking of getting a Pentax body with just one lens that can allow
me to take marco & portrait,Luv the colour produce by pentax K20 but for K10 is pretty
good value now.i don mind second hand one for both as i currently using S5 pro.just let to
get another brand that can produce real colour thru out my photohobby journey.

Need your advice & tks in advance..cheers;)

Between these two, definitely I'd choose K20D. It's a better camera overall, you won't be disappointed.

The K20D will definitely be better than the K10D, but it's all a matter of whether you are willing to pay for the differences. With some patience you can probably find people selling second hand K10Ds for ~$600, but hardly anyone will be selling a K20D unless under economic duress or jumping ship to a new system.

As a previous K10D owner, I have to say the K20D is better in so many ways, notably the sensor's resolution, dynamic range and colour rendition. Battery life is better, it is also quieter, AF is a tad faster, no focusing gremlins with some lenses, WB is more accurate and it has better high ISO performance. No contest in my book.

probably find people selling second hand K10Ds for ~$600.

--or even cheaper! As I just noticed that the second hand K10D is only around SG$500~SG$550, the price is even cheaper compared with second hand one in Mainland China, which is normally RMB2800.

So I would suggest you go for a second hand K10D first, then wait untill Sep for the lauching of the new model.

Hi to all,i'm new here.
seriously i'm thinking of getting a Pentax body with just one lens that can allow
me to take marco & portrait,Luv the colour produce by pentax K20 but for K10 is pretty
good value now.i don mind second hand one for both as i currently using S5 pro.just let to
get another brand that can produce real colour thru out my photohobby journey.

Need your advice & tks in advance..cheers;)

hehehe... ya...K20D color :thumbsup:
dynamic range not far behind as well, definitely better than N and C... trust me...
plus details is also :thumbsup:

K10D also :thumbsup: but dynamic range is not as good, hightlights clips easily if not careful...

but color S5 Pro is still king...hehe

so must lower your expectation for K20D ok... give chance...

i go from K20D to S5 pro... so the color from S5 pro is :bigeyes: to me...hehehe

i bought a K100D super.. but cannot win award leh!:dunno::bsmilie:

well if you're in love with the K20D output then you should get that, instead of settling for the K10D just because it's cheaper.. i suppose the CMOS vs CCD difference has an effect on the final photo.

if i were you (2nd system, no rush) i'd get the K20D, or wait until the new DSLR hits the shelves and wait for old K20Ds to be sold second-hand. most K20D users will say that they won't be dumping their K20Ds for the new offering, but depending on how revolutionary the new DSLR is, there'll probably be a number of users who will upgrade sooner or later.

if i were you (2nd system, no rush) i'd get the K20D, or wait until the new DSLR hits the shelves and wait for old K20Ds to be sold second-hand. most K20D users will say that they won't be dumping their K20Ds for the new offering, but depending on how revolutionary the new DSLR is, there'll probably be a number of users who will upgrade sooner or later.

Just make sure you get in line somewhere me! :)

Good evening to all,tks for all comments.
Ya! k20 produce very stunning picture too,had view quite a nos.
of picture posted here,is very sweet & nice IMQ i can said.
especially in close up detail & landscape image is very beautiful,if
my budget allow i will sure go for K20.Cheers!:)

that might be testament to the talent and creativity of the pentaxians too, rather than just the camera itself.

I am one of the late few to jump into the K20D wagon. Now shooting with primes. Next prime is . . . (need somebody to poison . . .):bsmilie:

I am one of the late few to jump into the K20D wagon. Now shooting with primes. Next prime is . . . (need somebody to poison . . .):bsmilie:

Hmm, how about this one:

PentaxF300.jpg

Or a manual one like this?

PentaxA15_5.jpg

Wow..really nice with prime lens,me waiting for bullet to be fully loaded first.:bsmilie:

How come the SL filter is mounted in between the lens one huh?!

The lenses are nice, only need to starve for a few years and sure can buy haha . . :bsmilie:

BTW, the Titanium Version is priced at SGD$1600 - 1700 ONLY . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.