Pentax k-x white

macme

Jan 17, 2010
Hi guys,

can ask a newbie question on this? will the white colour k-x turns yellowish after exposing much sunlight ? Im keen to get mine but currently black is out of stocks. sian!

I use mine in the sun much, and no it hasn't turned a tinge yellow. I haven't heard of any such cases either!

we only know the answer in the following several years.

but there are plenty of white stuffs there, like white macbook, white psp etc.

i think the white finishing tech is advanced enough.

I have a friend who saw a display model in Japan's showroom.
The white kx was turning yellowish from all the abuse of having people handling it all the time.

Perhaps someone who been to japan's showroom can verify?:)

you have answered your own question..it should be cuz of many dirty hands + oils etc, nothing can be helped if especially if the staff do not maintain or at least wipe it clean. the same will happen to your personal white k-x if neglected :)

It's not only happening on white items but for the blacks as well. If you happen to try a test unit from courts or even the canon showroom in vivo city, all surfaces have been (which matte finish) smoothened up and button indication are gone... :)

Last edited:
display sets... so poor thing!:bheart:

Hmm... okay. Thanks for info too. :)

I think white is a cool colour to get, but you must be prepared to care for it a bit more than black or the other darker colours. Apart from cleaning dirt and oils off so it doesn't yellow or stain, you need to take care not to nick or scratch it, because then those marks are much more obvious on a white surface and can also trap dirt.

But I wouldn't worry about yellowing due to exposure to sunlight. Not like you are leaving it out in direct sunlight for hours everyday like some piece of garden furniture.

I think white is a cool colour to get, but you must be prepared to care for it a bit more than black or the other darker colours. Apart from cleaning dirt and oils off so it doesn't yellow or stain, you need to take care not to nick or scratch it, because then those marks are much more obvious on a white surface and can also trap dirt.

But I wouldn't worry about yellowing due to exposure to sunlight. Not like you are leaving it out in direct sunlight for hours everyday like some piece of garden furniture.

Maybe can stick gaffer tape to be safe.

wont that defeat the purpose of having a white kx? haha ;)

Perhaps a sunblock will retard the discoloration?

After white turned yellowish, you have the choice to paint it in any colour you fancy.:bsmilie:

if you want white just get it.

handphone and wallet also the same. starting when it is new you will sayang sayang, cannot anyhow put. after a few months, go coffeeshop just plomp on the table liao.

if you like white, just get the white now and enjoy having it in your possession, it will be worth the money you pay. after all you pay money to make yourself happy

after a long long time, even if it yellows, your perspective will have changed and the value of the camera's journey with you will be what is important than the colour. :)

If white color does indeed become yellow... then maybe Pentax should market this as a feature... 'new gradually auto color changing bodies'! :bsmilie:

white stuff will most porbably plus chop;) will become yellow if u worry it turn yellow wear gloves when u take pics :bsmilie:

How about a glow in the dark K-x?