pentax K-X is #6 in Japan

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
so Pentax up from 5th to 4th place just because of k-x alone! wah!
k-7 not in the list.... mean least than 1.* %...

K-r & k-5 can do it one... don't play play...
3rd place is not hard to meet with this 2 model...

Last edited:
Its easier for K-x/K-r to move up compared with K7/K5 because the battleground for the K5 is very crowded with established players whereas the K-x/K-r are still the only mainstream DSLR with a choice of many colours. This alone is enough to attract the trendy group who are not particular about brand as long as it makes a great fashion statement. :)

K-5 sales is quite likely to be very supply limited in the short term. It should do quite well once production ramps up though!

K-5 sales is quite likely to be very supply limited in the short term. It should do quite well once production ramps up though!

one thing i cannot understand about pentax: why make such great products if you do not

(a) market them properly and (b) make them in sufficient quantities so as to maximise sale?

it was the same story with the K-X... at one time, the very popular and very value for money kit 3 with 18-55 and 55-300 was sold out everywhere!

and now, K-R selling very well, K-5 out of stock... bleah... :sticktong

a happy problem, but a problem nonetheless...

I guess Pentax is too small to make enough good cameras/lenses for all of us :)

I guess Pentax is too small to make enough good cameras/lenses for all of us :)

But ain't their cameras already good enough? I seriously think they don't lose out to competitors. Just that the small market really keeps some on the fence if they should invest their money into gear that is not readily available.

One question. How is the color rendition of pentax? Heard color is very nice, especially after seeing some myself too. But the color will differ if i dont use house lenses right? if i opt for tamron or sigma, the color reproduction will be less vibrant?

one thing i cannot understand about pentax: why make such great products if you do not

(a) market them properly and (b) make them in sufficient quantities so as to maximise sale?

it was the same story with the K-X... at one time, the very popular and very value for money kit 3 with 18-55 and 55-300 was sold out everywhere!

and now, K-R selling very well, K-5 out of stock... bleah... :sticktong

a happy problem, but a problem nonetheless...

The Nikon D7000 is also in very short supply, I am guessing that both companies are being limited by the sensor supply from Sony?

Do also keep in mind that both these cameras are extremely popular due to their pricing. SLR-R has announced the K-5 price on FB to be ~$1650, if I am not wrong the D7000 w 18-105 kit is $2150? Very attractive price levels for their performance level.

Recall that K-7 was launched at around $1.8k body only last year.