Pentax K-S2 Officially Announced!

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/pentax-k-s2/pentax-k-s2A.HTM

Ricoh acknowledges that fact with the 20-megapixel Pentax K-S2, a camera that offers much to differentiate it from its consumer and enthusiast DSLR rivals. The K-S2 sits above the earlier K-S1 and K-50 DSLRs in Ricoh's lineup, and beneath the flagship K-3. And with the goal of acting as the sole camera for your family, this 5.5-frames per second shooter mixes both consumer and enthusiast-friendly features.

Perhaps the most obvious enthusiast-grade feature that could prove equally useful to consumers is the ability to shoot almost anywhere, no matter whether it's raining or dusty, and Ricoh answers this with a newly-designed weather-resistant, dustproof body that it says is the world's smallest to offer these important features. The inclusion of weather-sealing is doubly impressive given the presence of a versatile, side-mounted tilt / swivel LCD monitor, which allows for quick-and-easy selfie shooting.

And in a nice touch, when the screen is swiveled to face forwards, the top-deck Wi-Fi button changes its function to act as a secondary shutter button, lighting up to let you know when it's active and significantly improving the ergonomics. (With most cameras, you'd still have to use the regular Shutter button, which would be difficult to reach while holding the camera with the lens aimed towards you.)

Z-PENTAX-K-S2-FRONT.JPG

Z-PENTAX-K-S2-BACK.JPG

Z-PENTAX-K-S2-TOP.JPG

Z-PENTAX-K-S2-RIGHT.JPG

Z-PENTAX-K-S2-LEFT.JPG

Last edited:
Z-PENTAX-K-S2-BEAUTY.JPG

As I said before, this is one of the best looking Pemtax dSLR camera ever made. I'd definitely get one if I didn't have a K3

Yup fully agreed...nice looking and attractive dslr of all....thumbs up

The Pentax K-S2 will be sold in a kit with the new Pentax-DA L 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE lens, an interesting weather-sealed, extending optic that's just 1.5 inches deep when retracted. The K-S2 kit ships in March 2015 at a list price of US$800 in one of three color schemes: black, white, or graphite grey with an orange accent on the base plate.

From April 2015, you'll also be able to choose one of seven additional color options. Ricoh is dividing these into two outdoor-themed collections. The Nature Collection includes Forest Green, Desert Beige, and Stone Gray colors, while the Sports Collection includes White and Lime, Black and Pink, White, or Black the latter two options differing from the standard versions with the inclusion of a go-faster Racing Stripe.

I think this is one of the best looking APS-C body from Ricoh/Pentax so far, just don't like the position of the Wi-Fi button. Look like a refined version of the K-01 with the OVF. Curiously, there is no Ricoh branding on the camera this time. Does Ricoh change their mind and decided to keep the Pentax brand! :)

Great looking camera and very strong feature set.
Perhaps even the strongest feature set out there for a DSLR at this price!

20mp sensor with No AA filter
On camera SR
AA filter simulator
100% pentaprism
9 cross points AF points and -3EV capability

Basically a K5IIs++ at a cheaper price and lighter body.
Can't be any wrong it that at all.

This would have been my K30 replacement if not for the coming FF.

finally wifi function

Finally tilt screen

There is no reason I can refuse it.

With wr and 100% viewfinder, it has everything you need.

Maybe next version ks-2 with a full frame sensor inside.

*weeps with joy* WR kit lens. Thank you whoever made that decision back at Ricoh/Pentax HQ.

*weeps with joy* WR kit lens. Thank you whoever made that decision back at Ricoh/Pentax HQ.

True true...definitely won't miss this Q'ute and compact DC WR HD lens hahaha...will be in my wish list this year

Maybe this can make a good go-anywhere replacement for my Nex 6! Id be sure to check out its size when its released.

Damn..l felt like changing my K3 for it! I like the Orange base and lime base. And also FW selection. Damn.. spoilt for colours lol

I support you! I will even help absorb your K3

The Collapsible Pentax-DA 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE looks cool also!

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/34...elated-news&utm_medium=image&ref=related-news

Damn..l felt like changing my K3 for it!
I like the Orange base and lime base. And also FW selection. Damn.. spoilt for colours lol

If I didn't have a K3, I'd definitely get this one.

Hack, even I have K3, I might just get one. It's smaller, lighter, got everything I needed in a K3, and some more (Wi-Fi, swivel screen, better looking ... ). Plus the new 18-50 DC WR RE lens, it's gonna be the best travel combo.

Hack, even I have K3, I might just get one. It's smaller, lighter, got everything I needed in a K3, and some more (Wi-Fi, swivel screen, better looking ... ). Plus the new 18-50 DC WR RE lens, it's gonna be the best travel combo.

Ha..ha.. exactly....

But FF is coming leh....

Ha..ha.. exactly....

But FF is coming leh....

For those who can afford both; FF as main body and K-S2 as backup body.

Looks a zillion times better than K-S1. If Pentax does it's marketing right it will be a serious contender to the Nikon D5xxx or Canon equivalent