Pentax K-7 Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thanks for the link. Make me wanna try shoot some video. Have not really use the video feature since getting the cam.

Make me felt like going for it ....but I guess I can wait for the next one.

Very nice, very sentimental ... Wow ... I have seen Vediographer carry huge load of equipments but it can't beat this incredible sample Movies HD ....

So all the nay points about this K7-HD were just nothing more than poison arrows.

Makes me want to direct movie...with this Camera.

Last edited:
Have been using the movie mode quite a few times, notably during NDP.
Only 2 complaints.
1. The video mode does not auto focus. (as is the lifeview photography)
2. If you use it under fluorescent lighting or those energy saving type of lamps, you can see flickering presumably because the camera is under-sampling. No such problems under filament bulb or natural lighting.
:)

ps..the video is good! The guy kept the camera focus spot on when it was intended to.

Last edited:
Respect. Very nice video.

As much as i hate to admit it.... im quite impress... i think we will start seeing more of mtv/documentary like videos appearing... i for one would like to try shoot a video like this... now if only my K20D can do the job... :sticktong

As much as i hate to admit it.... im quite impress... i think we will start seeing more of mtv/documentary like videos appearing... i for one would like to try shoot a video like this... now if only my K20D can do the job... :sticktong

The K7 can!!:lovegrin: A short post to the B&S section, the K20D disappears, followed by a short trip to CP/MSC and walla, the K7 appears!..then you are ready to be the John Woo of Singapore!

But seriously, the video I took are fairly decent in quality, at the least better than the 640x480 videos on my pnS but this guy really showcases what the K7 can do. But he would need to do alot of video editing to merge the clips as there is a length limit to each video clip. How was he able to maintain the consistency ? :)

Wah, really nice video! Makes me think of my grandma too... :(

Artistic merits aside, looks like DSLRs today have really become viable tools for making high quality videos, infinitely better than most handheld videocams I think! Only lose out in ease of control like no AF.

Do any of the other DSLRs have AF while in movie mode?

.... the instax camera the lady is using looks good ........... ;p

Excellent concept and execution.
The old Pentax foggies who feel that video is is a waste of time should look at this, open their closed minds and consider the creative possibilities. Time for a re-think and reap the benefits of convergence of stills and moving images...

Now only if I had the $$$ to switch. Selling off my current setup does not seem to be enough though . . . ;p

This one easy lah, don't buy so many film cameras...:bsmilie:

Actually basic editing using Apple's iMovie is quite easy... speaking as a Mac user of course... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.