PENTAX K-3 Mark III - official name

4K finally

Why ISO to 1.6 Million? Same as Nikon D500. If no useable image can be created at that ISO, then why state it.
Advertising copywriters want to state such things in a game of one upmanship.
It reveals a frantic desperation by a company to Sell cameras.

Who does it bluff? The not- knowledgeable buyer who is impressed by such specifications.
A silver tongued salesman will pull the con job to make the buyer choose camera A instead of camera B by pointing out such "specifications".

A long time ago, a similar scam/fraud was perpetrated on ignorant buyers of film compact cameras that boasted "Panorama" specifications.
When in fact all that happened was two pieces of plastic slided over the film image's top and bottom.
It was fraudulently misrepresented as a top end & much sought after "feature".

But other than that, K3 III is good. Especially for those who own vintage Pentax glass which are pretty respectable.
Pentax is a manufacturer that covers APS-C, Full Frame, Medium Format.

Last edited:
I am more concerned about the targeted high asking price around the region of a K1ii or more.

I am more concerned about the targeted high asking price around the region of a K1ii or more.

it is taking way too long for them to launch a camera. got the urge to buy become no feel to buy anything

Pentaxians will be happy with the new K3 mk3. Great all weather travel camera. Very usable high ISO 125k or 512k. Image quality as good as K1 with new sensor and processor. Last of the apsc dslr before going mirrorless?

Reactions: Meatboy
We still have to wait a little longer. I wonder how long would it take APS to bring it in, and the local price! I bet it is going to hurt.

Just got this today from T K Foto. I asked the staff how many are sold and he replied one - to me! Looks like I might be the first and maybe last K3III owner? :p Kidding, I am sure someone else will buy this for birding with the DFA 150-450.

Just got this today from T K Foto. I asked the staff how many are sold and he replied one - to me! Looks like I might be the first and maybe last K3III owner? :p Kidding, I am sure someone else will buy this for birding with the DFA 150-450.

View attachment 91842

You bought the grip too

Premium kit. Comes with the grip and leather strap but NO AA battery tray. I was a little disappointed.