Pentax Jan2015 Outing and Sharing session -18Jan2015

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
Lets have a morning sunrise shoot followed by a sharing session at the CS Event Hall in Funan for the start of 2015.
I do hope I will be able to find more time to arrange such sharing sessions over the year to keep people coming to Pentax and also 'up' the standard for those who are eager to start out.

Date : 18Jan2015 (Sun)
Sunrise shoot : 6.15am-7.45am
Venue : Merlion Park

Breakfast : 8am-9am

Sharing session : 9am-1pm (venue is reserved for this timing)
Venue : CS Event Hall (#04-31 Funan)

Topics :
1. Basic composition
2. Basic post processing (what do I do after taking the photo)
3. Basic techniques of processing in LR and PS
(Adjustment brushes; a few exposure blending methods)

I will be the speaker for this session.
In the future, I will rope in some of the experts in each genre to give a sharing session. :)

Attendees
=========
1. JK (97735246)

Last edited:
1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe

Will confirm whether I can make it later.

Hope I need not to work on that day.

The adjustment brush allows so many variations to process the pictures, ie sharpen or increase/decrease exposure and many other sliders available. The same applies to radial filter. I took so many hours to read and replay the tutorial on these features.

If you have some basic experience on lightroom, it should be easy to understand, otherwise????:what:

It should be a "must have" software for photos editing and I am still exploring thru tutorials from the net.

Jk, I understand what it means to paint the picture now:D and non destructive as supersimon said many months ago.;)

otc

I think I am not a good salesman.
So little interest in the session (ok.ok.. I know I am also just 50% photographer so nothing fantastic to share)
So here is an attempt to promote the session.

Ever thought why your photos lacked punch, sharpness, impact?
Ever wondered what more is needed to get to a good 50% or better for the shots you take (not just a snap )?

Yes, this is the session for you if you want to be a little bit more consistent and better as a photographer.
and Yes, a lot of it is founded on the basics.

While I don't promise that you become a 80-90% level photographer, what I can offer to share are the approaches, basics that can help make one get more consistency in the photos.
Shots that at least when shown, will get a general agreement that is competent and perhaps that occasional "Like"

Basic Composition
Basic composition attempts to address things from the start.
How to use composition basics to get a more consistent photo.
Leading lines, Rule of thirds, Golden Ratio, Patterns, etc.
Things like how to place elements in the photo to better capture the viewer's attention.

Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gū : Courtyard by jenkwang, on Flickr

Basic Post Process and Processing
70% or even 100% of the photo outcome (after taking it of course) is really won with applying basic adjustments.
This is where getting the Exposure, WB, Levels, contrast, curves right will already deliver very good results in most cases.
Add to this, some sharpening approaches, area specific processing to add up to the shot.

Graziella #2 by jenkwang, on Flickr

More Advanced masking techniques for Landscapes
In tricky situations where 1 exposure just will not cover the dynamic range or that the eye saw at that time.
Masking approaches like luminosity masks, Exposure Layering, will come in useful as the array of techniques useful to the photographer to increase his/her level of competence.
This will be covered in the session..

DSC0918820140531ILCE-7 by jenkwang, on Flickr

Pls help to sign up if interested.
CS has been kind enough to reserve the room for us (No other brand group has done so), so I hope there will be decent enough turnout to show the appreciation.

Thanks

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5.otc

Yes, its a lot of effort from JK. common, pentaxian..dun tell me you sian already?:bsmilie:

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn

JK, you are a good salesman for sure. I'll join! :)

Wah...thx jk for all the nice photo shown here....really must learn more after looking at yours.
Come come Pentaxians do join in for the outing, sunrise and photo edit session. If can't get up early, do come for the photo edit session also can lah. :)

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn
7. cyk13

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn
7. cyk13
8. Rachel

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn
7. cyk13
8. Rachel
9. CY_OH

This is a brilliant session which unfortunately I can't attend as I will be in Ipoh.
Enjoy guys.

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn
7. cyk13
8. Rachel
9. CY_OH
10.Greg(Thank you JK, you pictures speaks loud)

I am quite tied up with work, so did't visit the site much recently...

JK, thanks
1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn
7. cyk13
8. Rachel
9. CY_OH
11. tigershiok

please count me as well 12. Jacpat aka Patrick

Thanks for organising JK, I will join for shoot and brekkie, but need to be back home after that, won't be able to go funan
1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn
7. cyk13
8. Rachel
9. CY_OH
11. tigershiok
12. jacpat
13. wonglp

JK, support you!

1.JK (97735246)
2.fengwei
3.Moronfans
4.Jaiyen aka Joe
5. Otc
6. Chipvn
7. cyk13
8. Rachel
9. CY_OH
11. tigershiok
12. jacpat
13. wonglp
14. hjbyeo

Anyone has a spare Pentax IR Remote to sell? I don't know if I loan it out, or misplace it, just can't find it ...

Last edited:
LP, Bernard, thanks for the support.
Really appreciate it. :)

Now very stress, got experts attending... :D