Pentax @ IT Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_istDS

Nov 27, 2004
Singapore - Whampoa
I was quite impressed with the booth of Pentax in the IT show.. they are making people to hear them.. and the pretty gals.... wow... heading down again tomolo to buy Laptop.. will be there to take some pics of the gals too if possible.. anyone had already got some pic of them???;p

I must said that Shriro did a pretty good job at this show.. with I think Max Photo..... seem like they are putting efforts into this brand now.. Hopefully the support in terms of sales and after sales will improved along the way... then maybe Pentax price here, especially the availability will be better.....Too bad there isn't any Lens Promo at the show ... but i saw the 10-17... look good... and the 14mm...:eek: ....LBA...

So.. if any of you had the photo please share... i'll post if i had them....

cheers....

what is the price for 10-17mm and 14mm at this IT Show ???

fengwei said:
Yeah, I wanna know the price for this 10-17 too ...

didn't ask.. but it was there.. i know i have no budget for it:cry: ... so....;) but going today again... if you guys not going i can find out for you guys...

k_istDS said:
didn't ask.. but it was there.. i know i have no budget for it:cry: ... so....;) but going today again... if you guys not going i can find out for you guys...

I asked, u need to ask Shiriro directly......

i saw those pentax booth online...seems cool and big...too bad i cant make it back for the show to check out those babes..i mean the new SR cameras...;p

roti said:
i saw those pentax booth online...seems cool and big...too bad i cant make it back for the show to check out those babes..i mean the new SR cameras...;p

for you my friend... i asked a rep from Shriro (friendly.. and she'll contact me when the price is made available, got her contact too).. for the 10-17 to test.. and i did some quick test.. and i'm impressed with the quality of the images.. its cool.. i think Fengwei will sure get it when its first made available..

Did not do a proper setting, no flash used, and only ISO400.. Shoot in RAW...
@f8
IMGP7434.jpg

@f10
IMGP7431.jpg

k_istDS said:
for you my friend... i asked a rep from Shriro (friendly.. and she'll contact me when the price is made available, got her contact too).. for the 10-17 to test.. and i did some quick test.. and i'm impressed with the quality of the images.. its cool.. i think Fengwei will sure get it when its first made available..

Did not do a proper setting, no flash used, and only ISO400.. Shoot in RAW...
@f8
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/1344/medium/IMGP7434.jpg

@f10
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/1344/medium/IMGP7431.jpg

Thanks KK for posting the info and samples. They look really nice. Pity that I couldn't go to the Show this time, got a NO NO answer (to go for the show) from my wife already :(

Hope the launch price for the 10-17 lens would be near 800 mark ;p

tiong78 said:
think the 10-17 will cost ard 800-900+
according to the sales there.

available on mon at Max photo at orchard.

NY street price is abt 780 sgp dollars..pls note that i didn't bargain..so maybe cheaper than that

Quite a big booth pentax got there. I got myself the istDL set. Great camera!!!

Munk said:
Quite a big booth pentax got there. I got myself the istDL set. Great camera!!!

besides the Print Voucher, bag and the SD card, did you managed to get any other freebies? BTW is the SD card a high speed one?

They give the normal Kingston 1gb sdcard and Tamrac Velocity 5 bag. I suppose to purchase the filter for the lens but i psycho him to give me FREE cost about $28....haha.

I was at the Pentax booth yesterday looking at their DSLR(cannot remember which one), and I over heard a salesman saying;

".... You buy a telescope lens and fix it on the camera ...."

:thumbsup:

the mac 13 said:
I was at the Pentax booth yesterday looking at their DSLR(cannot remember which one), and I over heard a salesman saying;

".... You buy a telescope lens and fix it on the camera ...."

:thumbsup:

I think he was telling that somebody to how he can shoot bird at a lower cost...:dunno:

k_istDS said:
I think he was telling that somebody to how he can shoot bird at a lower cost...:dunno:

T-mount?

xdivider said:

maybe not T-mount.. i remember i read somewhere that there are adaptors available for the Telescope.. there are adaptor for Microscope as well....

will istDL come out wif battery pack? I I know istD got batt pack. i hope the L series got too so dat can give a better grip.

Munk said:
will istDL come out wif battery pack? I I know istD got batt pack. i hope the L series got too so dat can give a better grip.

I doubt so.. but you get get a third-party grips which was made in Korea.. its not battery pack, but just vertical grips w Remote. Me and Kohweeloon had that.. I like it pretty much..

Status
Not open for further replies.