Pentax Full Frame around Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
For usd1000? Sounds like false rumour after many nights of merry making during oktorberfest

For usd1000? Sounds like false rumour after many nights of merry making during oktorberfest

no, :nono: it is the competition driving the price down, as nikon is going to do the same for the retro FM2 full frame camera to compete with sony's new low price full frame,

thus you can have confidence in the pentax full frame, and be surprised in Xmas, ;)

just like the Ricoh GR surprise, you never know dream is going to be true any time. :bsmilie:

The engineers have been working feverishly over the past summer redesigning and incorporating the latest technology advancement to the latest full frame DSLR. Pentax has cleverly left the naming convention of Pewntax K2 and Pentax K1 for full frame DSLRs. Let’s take a look at the rumoured specifications of this new Pentax K2 Di Y

1. Body – magnesium alloy with 95 weather seals

2. Design concept – Retro design similar to the Pentax Spotmatic but a lot smaller

3. Sensor – Full frame sensor sans AA filter

4. State of the art vibration technology for dust removal, image stabilization and AA filter….wow

5. Lens mount – K-mount and is compatible with all K-mount lenses. There are plans to make mounts for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Zeiss, Kiev and Leica lenses.

Yeah! :cheergal: finally pewntax is making full frame!!! USD $1000 somemore...pewntax brand will be strong again...for those who have been waiting for a pewntax full frame since the cow last jumped over the moon can finally have one...hopefully they will start shooting more instead of keep posting in forum how they wish pewntax will launch a ff...

PS: got to stop here...i am going to check under my pillow if the tooth fairy has left something for me for the tooth i drop yesterday...

When I read the naming was "DIY", I knew I should get back to processing my backlog of photos. :D

Add :
I came to the sudden realization yesterday, don't think so much, I got lots of pictures to take....
So when have you last posted a photo here ;)

Food for thought......

Last edited:
Posted many on Facebook. fyi: )

Posted many on Facebook. fyi: )

Just in case you too my reply as a snide remark. (which it was not)
Do post here more.
This place, either the number of people of are getting less or less ppl are posting stuff anymore.
I seem to be always seeing the same few names posting up on the Sharing Photos thread.
And Kudos to them for keeping the flag up.

More photos, more activities, better community.
Thats all I mean...

How to post here ah?need Flickr account?

Just in case you too my reply as a snide remark. (which it was not)
Do post here more.
This place, either the number of people of are getting less or less ppl are posting stuff anymore.
I seem to be always seeing the same few names posting up on the Sharing Photos thread.
And Kudos to them for keeping the flag up.

More photos, more activities, better community.
Thats all I mean...

IMHO..the number of pple in this subforum is not getting any lesser especially after merging with with ricoh subforum..however..like other subforums that I observed (i could be wrong here)..people seem to be getting more interested in about new gears and the mythical full frame...while personally..i am not aiming to get a full frame or understand the need/want for a full frame and of course i am not dissing off people who want a full frame or discuss about full frame..there are really so many discussions about full frame or how pentax is going to design its full frame that i can take...its becoming abit like the pentaxforum which i now hardly visit except to the lens discussion subforum where i can view the pictures taken by various lens or a more substantial discussion

all comments is just my personal feel and of course i could be wrong and not meant to anger anyone...:)

Last edited:
IMHO..the number of pple in this subforum is not getting any lesser especially after merging with with ricoh subforum..however..like other subforums that I observed (i could be wrong here)..people seem to be getting more interested in about new gears and the mythical full frame...while personally..i am not aiming to get a full frame or understand the need/want for a full frame and of course i am not dissing off people who want a full frame or discuss about full frame..there are really so many discussions about full frame or how pentax is going to design its full frame that i can take...its becoming abit like the pentaxforum which i now hardly visit except to the lens discussion subforum where i can view the pictures taken by various lens or a more substantial discussion

all comments is just my personal feel and of course i could be wrong and not meant to anger anyone...:)

It is just human nature to expect the unexpected.Although ff is not a must for every pentaxian, it will still shake the photography world if its presence becomes reality.Many pentaxians are more interested in the future of Pentax. Without the complete line up, will the brand still exist in years to come. Personally I have seen many landscape shooters deserted the brand after they had become better and need ff set up .:) just my observation.

please close this thread. the news is obviously fake.

it is always exciting to see news about pentax, it doesn't matter fake or true,

as long as there is one, it makes one day interesting.:cheergal:

How to post here ah?need Flickr account?

Sorry, I got '0' idea how to post from FB to here :D
Maybe the more internet savvy guys here can give you better info.

But seriously, we need all the photos and participation we can get.

Aiya!
PF is always like that.
What else can they do when its cold outside?
Go out and shoot?

Of course not!
So they spend the time they have with 'grand theories and design my own camera"

Generally, its the lens info guys who are the nice ones and they also prove their points with photo samples.

It is just human nature to expect the unexpected.Although ff is not a must for every pentaxian, it will still shake the photography world if its presence becomes reality.Many pentaxians are more interested in the future of Pentax. Without the complete line up, will the brand still exist in years to come. Personally I have seen many landscape shooters deserted the brand after they had become better and need ff set up .:) just my observation.
Please... FF for landscape is not a need as a hobbyist. It is a want. In fact, as a hobbyist, almost every piece of gear is a want. To think otherwise is self-deception.

Shot landscapes for 7 years now. Still using APS-C and likely to use it for a long time.

As a side note, history does not predict the future. Did everyone think that Nokia would survive forever 10 years ago? Sure... They had a full line-up and should have existed in years to come. Balls get dropped, others pick it up. Whether Apple will stay popular in the smartphone market is getting less certain with each passing day until they up their game again. So on and so forth.

Don't be surprised if the current market leaders are bought over by some newcomer 20 years later, and just shut down because it can happen. Then all the people who were trying to get ahead of themselves and pretend that they knew it all because the brands had a full line-up will be like "what happened"? :bsmilie:

If history has taught us anything, it's that life's unpredictable. So instead of worrying whether TOMORROW I will have my K3 II or K2 or K1.. I worry about taking the pictures with the gear I have. And everyone should care about that instead of talking about castles in the air that may come true, may not come true, and try to predict the future like crystal ball gazing gurus which we most certainly are not. Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.