Pentax Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
This forum is really a very lonely lonely place.
While all the other forums are choked with posts, this one can go for days with no new postings. I feel I want to blame the local agent for not taking the right steps to market their product effectively. I mean what exactly is the local agent doing now? I open the newspapers and all I see are C, N and O products and now even S with their new product is in on the act...sigh...

actually sony/minolta forums also quite dead...only got a core grp of users talking :bsmilie:

small grp also good - easy to know each other :bsmilie:

dr34mc4st3r said:
actually sony/minolta forums also quite dead...only got a core grp of users talking :bsmilie:

small grp also good - easy to know each other :bsmilie:
to tell the truth..it the same bunch of regular from the ex-minolta subforum..
the sony users are quite passive too:dunno:

Hi actually I rather like Pentax.. Although I do not own a Pentax nw, but seriously thinking of getting one in the near future.. I hope Pentax will do well in Singapore man.. Its a brand that deserve much more.. Maybe if have chance, hope to join the Pentaxers for photoshoots and kopi one day..:)

airconvent said:
This forum is really a very lonely lonely place.
While all the other forums are choked with posts, this one can go for days with no new postings. I feel I want to blame the local agent for not taking the right steps to market their product effectively. I mean what exactly is the local agent doing now? I open the newspapers and all I see are C, N and O products and now even S with their new product is in on the act...sigh...

the camera is good and value for money.
the local agent needs to do more to market this to the masses...
otherwise with a tiny ownership population, no wonder there is such low activity in the forum here...

From my observations you seem to keep blaming the local agents for a lot of things, even the activity of the forum.

Most importantly why post for the sake of posting? Most things have been discussed and if you can't find it here, there's always DP Review Forum. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1036

That place is pretty vibrant and friendly with a lot of discussion.

Actually the new local agent has been doing quite a good job imo, better than J&J at least. I've seen more Pentax Ads lately, and they even got a separate booth at CP ;) Best of all, you can find all the new DA lenses (including DA21 and DA10-17FE) at CP, maybe some other shops too :D BTW, CP got the FA43LE lens as well, and it's BLACK :cool:

As to the forum, we are a small group anyway, not as popular as C/N. Well, I might not buy into Pentax if Pentax is that popular ;)

At least Pentax makes great cameras/lenses. Still have my first ever Pentax digital camera, there is no better looking (imo) small DC yet :

PentaxOptioS.jpg

Cheers!

LOL your thread has inadvertently raised awareness about Pentax. But I feel it's a chicken and egg problem. I do not think Pentax has the marketing dollars to advertise aggressively. But if they do not advertise, then sales will not be good ..

Just to check, I was told the latest Pentax (think it's the K100D) has the best in body image stabilisation yet - because it uses some magnetic force or something like that. How true is this?

tiong78 said:
how much are they selling the DA21? and is the new flash here?

Sorry, I didn't ask about the DA21 ('cause I already got one ;)). Didn't see the new flash though ...

goering said:
LOL your thread has inadvertently raised awareness about Pentax. But I feel it's a chicken and egg problem. I do not think Pentax has the marketing dollars to advertise aggressively. But if they do not advertise, then sales will not be good ..

Just to check, I was told the latest Pentax (think it's the K100D) has the best in body image stabilisation yet - because it uses some magnetic force or something like that. How true is this?

Probably you juz have to wait for it to arrive in spore to test it out. I read somewhere that its supposed to allow an additional 3.5 stops if i remembered correctly.

tiong78 said:
how much are they selling the DA21? and is the new flash here?

interested in that DA21mm too...CP quoted $720 when i asked last Sat.

tiong78 said:
is it good?
how much did you bought it for?

It is GOOD! A wonderful little lens I'd say. Now I think I'd get rid off my DA16-45 soon...

I paid near $700 from HK. Expensive, but well worth it imo.

DA21 on Ds:
PentaxDS_DA21_2.jpg

A couple of samples from my DS+DA21:
220789867_dfc4b170d3_o.jpg

220789863_72ee3d1683_o.jpg

221861002_2b75d45298_o.jpg

221861005_1eaaaa8f95_o.jpg

Cheers,

istDeS said:
interested in that DA21mm too...CP quoted $720 when i asked last Sat.

Hmm, if only they could've brought it in 3 weeks earlier :( Oh well, at least I got the lens well used during my short trip to China 3 weeks back :cool:

Go and get one, you won't regret ;)

tiong78 said:
I notice some vignetting on the 1st sample you posted on the top right & bottom left. Is it some post process or due to the lens hood?

Hmm, didn't notice that. It must be either the hood (it's quite easy to be turned accidently if not locked in position) or it's just like that. I didn't see any vignetting even shot wide open :)

Hi fengwi, how does the 21mm compare with 16-45mm? Besides one is a prime, the other is a zoom.

simdavid said:
Hi fengwi, how does the 21mm compare with 16-45mm? Besides one is a prime, the other is a zoom.

Well, optically, they are similar, the 21mm has slight edge I think. Of course the zoom lens covers alot more range. Physically they are uncomparable:

PentaxDA21_DA1645.jpg

Read through the review of the new Pentax K100D.
It is really a very good DSLR for newbies to start with.
I truly hope the Pentax photographers base will
grow tremendously with this launch.

If I don't own a Nikon D50 already, I think the Pentax K100D will buy
me over. :bsmilie:
The price, the body built-in SR system, using common AA battery,
up to ISO3200, ISO1600 is still very usable, etc.
Really hope to see more Pentax users in this forum soon and pictures post by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.