Pentax Forum - Shinjuku, Tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafone

May 13, 2004
SGP
I happened to be in Shinjuku last dec and managed to find time to visit Pentax Forum over there. Just thought that these pictures may be interesting for Pentax fans/users. Pardon me for some blur images as my camera still isn't SR yet.

The BIG label...
blog_pentax1.jpg

The LONG one...
blog_pentax3.jpg

The MANY lenses...
blog_pentax4.jpg

The OLD one...
blog_pentax6.jpg

The TRANSPARENT one...
blog_pentax8.jpg

If you happened to have time to go Shinjuku in Tokyo. It is a good chance to drop by Pentax Forum to get those Pentax stuffs. I bought myself the original Pentax sensor cleaning kit @4000yen, M42-to-K adapter @1000yen. Do the conversion yourself and you will realise that they are cheap!

cheerss...

Thanks for sharing....
wow...as an astronomer, I am salivating over all those APO refractors and legendary Pentax eyepieces! :D.

So did you buy any lenses there?

Is the Pentax cleaning kit O-ICK1? Doesn't seem to be selling outside Japan. What does it include?

Is the Pentax cleaning kit O-ICK1? Doesn't seem to be selling outside Japan. What does it include?

Yes, the cleaning kit I bought is the O-ICK1. A transparent box packaging with the orange tip rubber stick in it. Together with it is 10sheet of special 'paper' that stick the dust.

The Pentax staff at the forum is very attentive and helpful. He explained to me how the cleaning kit work and demo to me with their sample kit. The orange rubbery tip is supposed to stick up the stubborn dust on your sensor. Then you 'transfer' this dust over to the special 'paper'. It is designed in such a way that the polyurethane rubber won't damage the low-pass filter surface of the sensor. Pretty good!..

The kit run out when the 'paper' finish. Actually 10sheet is enough for long usage if you use it carefully.

:)

Thanks for sharing....

So did you buy any lenses there?

Heee.. sadly nope. There have all the current lenses lineup for you to play. You can mount and umount any that you like onto your camera. I was salivating over the K10d then. Here is another pictures with their lenses in the store. Not very clearly taken;
blog_pentax5.jpg

The transparent k10d looks very cool ar! wonder how much it will cost? hahaa

Is the Pentax 1.7x telecon available for sale there?

The transparent k10d looks very cool ar! wonder how much it will cost? hahaa

But then the body will plastic, not metal then. Cool yes. Durable no. :)

Cool!:D

Did you find out the price of K10D over there?

Is the Pentax 1.7x telecon available for sale there?

I am not sure if they have it in Pentax Forum. But I believe that it shouldn't be a problem to find this in Japan if you are there. I recalled I read somewhere before that the 1.7x AF telecon is still in production so as to support the use of manual lense on their dSLR bodies.

Cool!:D

Did you find out the price of K10D over there?

Sorry, I forgot how much exactly it cost in yen. I thought it was roughly near to sgd1.7k. I was there more than a month ago before Singapore has any of it yet. There could be some rebate or something which I wasn't sure. They are all in japanese wording.

Singapore probably has cheaper pricing than them now since we also have the stock now.

The interesting thing is k10d has generated a lot of interest in their home domestic market. Everyone who walked into the electronic store just want to have their hand on the k10d. They have big market share and Pentax is not a peanut brand in Japan lor... :)

Dudes,
Planning for my Nihon trip...
What's the address of this place?
And while we're at it, any one got BIC Tokyo's address too?

Wow... this place is like Pentaxians' Mecca ;p

Dudes,
Bro, can grab one of the cleaning kits if it's not too much trouble. I will settle with you when you return.

Now let me guess, going direct to get the K10D Grand Prix Special Edition and DA* lenses? :bsmilie:

Definitely getting at least a limited lens.
Depending on budget/release/needs, maybe a DA*.
Grandprix damn tempting (fengwei's fault), but dunno can clear 'customs' (aka wife) or not.

Dudes,
The addresses of all Bic Camera branches in the link below.
http://www.biccamera.co.jp/shoplist/index.html

Purchased the cleaning kit for 3360 Yen (S$43) at Sapporo branch and O-ME53 eyepiece at 2480 Yen (S$32) in Shinjuku West branch in May.

Shinjuku West shop address.
http://www.biccamera.co.jp/shoplist/s_nishi_english.html

Pentax Forum address.
http://www.pentax.co.jp/english/company/company/forum.html

Bic Camera, Shinjuku West at left, new location of Pentax Forum since April at the brown building at extreme right, Shinjuku Center Building.
DSC00096.jpg

If you want to buy a limited lens, check out MapCamera. Yodobashi, Bic Camera and MapCamera are all found on the west side of Shinjuku.

Purchased the cleaning kit for 3360 Yen (S$43) at Sapporo branch

wow, if alanswan buys many of it, can sell in Singapore at normal prices, make money liao...;p
jokes aside, are Pentax accessories cheaper there than in Singapore?

Bro, can grab one of the cleaning kits if it's not too much trouble. I will settle with you when you return.

Now let me guess, going direct to get the K10D Grand Prix Special Edition and DA* lenses? :bsmilie:

Hi Alan,
If not that much trouble, can tompang you buy one also? :)

BTW, are Pentax lenses cheapest back in Japan? How much cheaper are they? I understand the japanese ebay does not support international buyers readily ? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.