Pentax extended warranty with Emjay

Coral66

Nov 12, 2012
Singapore
Hi,

Anyone has similar experience?

I have three Pieces of Pentax equipments. 1. Pentax K-5 body 2. DA*16-50mm 3. DA* 50-135mm.

The body was bought around Dec 2010, and the lenses was bought between Jan and Mar 2011. Before the end of warranty of my K-5, I bought extended warranty for all three pieces equipments through Emjay.

Recently, I have display issue with my K-5 and was told by Emjay that they have transferred the agency to APD-Sigma. I was also told that APD will recognise the extended warranty. However APD said otherwise as they recognise only the original 1 year warranty, and quoted me S$350 for the repair.

I find that the transfer of distributorship was not done in a proper manner as benefit of existing customers were not taken care. APD took a copy of all the receipts including those of original purchase and the extended warranty. I wrote a email to their support manager but so far no reply...

when there is a profit, salesman generally try ignore the facts and make a profit whenever possible, so they can get commissions,

so the best weapon to deal with this kind of situation is providing the Blacks and Whites;

get a hardcopy signed page from Emjay about the promise, and present the thing right in front of the APD's saleman's face, or talk to their boss directly with the blacks and whites;

so they cant kick ball around;

Worst case is blowing out case to their facebook page, social media powers up the people. :thumbsup:

A month ago, Emjay was still honouring the extended warranty. I guess the transfer is now complete and they have washed their hands of all things Pentax.

just curious what the average lifespan for pentax distributor in singapore?

Guess my extended warranty for the 16-50mm also gone into the drain. Zzz....

Hey guys, just an update from Emjay:

If you bought extended warranty from Emjay, they'd pay for the repair cost which ADP charges during the extended warranty period. But of course you still have to send the camera/lens to APD for repair 'cause Emajy isn't dealing w Pentax anymore.

Please let me know if you need any help on this. Better send me PM for details.

Solute to Emjay and Cheers to all!

Thanks for the update Fengwei.

Got to love this sub-forum. :)

Who else would have went out of his way to make the calls and find a resolution.

My :thumbsup: to Fengwei.

I second the statement from pinholecam . Fengwei has taken the time and effort to quickly resolve a sensitive issue which if not handled properly, will reflect negatively on all the good work whihc Emjay had build up in the past.

Kudos to Emjay as well for the quick and positive response.

pinholecam said:
Got to love this sub-forum. :)

Who else would have went out of his way to make the calls and find a resolution.

My :thumbsup: to Fengwei.

agreeded. thumbsup to Fengwei