Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tachyon, looking at the photo of Pepe the chihuahua, the Silkypix processed images look warmer on the reds whereas the ACR 5.4 look a little more muted because there is more blue into the midtones. Looking at the histogram, in the distribution of the colour channels, Silkypix seems to spread the colour channels more gradually whereas it is a little more abrupt for ACR. For the orchids, the difference in sharpness is pretty minor, a little bump in contrast and sharpening. As much as I use ACR a lot, have to say the Silkypix images are pretty close colour wise. I'm looking at all of this on my 24" iMac, it may appear a little different for you. The software may be pretty bare boned but the colour fidelity is actually very good.

Ok. Will check it out with my home monitor later (I also use the 24" iMac). The office LCD screen does not do justice to many pics...

With regards to the spread of the color channels, can't this be adjusted before the conversion?

I am very tempted to install my Pentax CD now...

p.s. Hi Pepe!

Just re-viewed it using the iMac. The difference in brightness for the pictures of Pepe was virtually non-existent! The pupil-iris boundary was clearly seen in both pics.

However, the observations on the orchid was still apparent.

Hi
I tried it last night and was tinkering with the noise reduction sliders but they seem to have absolutely no effect on the preview picture. Any idea why this is so? As for the other controls, only some have effect but also very slight only.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.